Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help decorating my bathroom..
Louise Hougaard
January 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Im not the "black and white" kind of girl, so how can i decorate this bathroom?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
How much do you want to spend? Do you want a "rip out" or do you want a few decor pointers?

This looks like you are in Europe (the toilette and the wall/floor tile gives it away). I would look for the manufacturer of the cabinetry and see if you can purchase "change out" drawers" and cupboards in a new colour.

Medium and high end European finishes often come with multiple colour choices for the same style. The simplest solution MIGHT just be purchasing new fronts for your cabinetry to give it a punch of personality - without having to rip out and start again!
January 6, 2013 at 12:15PM   
kitasei
How do you feel about black and white plus saturated primary colors? Think Piet Mondrian, Sonia Dealunay, Bauhaus. Great with your chrome fixtures. Beautiful room to work with!
January 6, 2013 at 12:17PM     
Natalie
Hi---the problem here is the grout line in the tile... If it were white, you would like it much better. Paint it the same color as the tile (special paint for grout is available-check online)... Once painted you can add whatever color your heart desires... Good Luck!
[houzz=Group 41][houzz=Master Bath][houzz=Divine Kitchens LLC]
January 6, 2013 at 12:27PM     
orko14
Since the walls r white tile it will be hard to add colour but if you want you could rip out the tile and paint the walls a chocolate brown,lime green, or lilac purple are my recommendations but I would change the cupboard to would and a nice granite counter if willing to spend a little, but if not add some coloured candles and flowers hope I helped
January 6, 2013 at 2:51PM   
calikym
The bathroom is nearly all white. Just change your shower curtain and accessories. The grout doesn't look bad at all, btw. Just change to whatever you want because your palet is so fresh and white already. I would add bright colors - shower curtain, rugs and towels. But you could also go for a nautical theme, or floral theme. The sky is the limit. Your bathroom is really nice!
January 6, 2013 at 3:22PM     
kitasei
To even consider ripping out perfectly good floor to ceiling white tile and replacing it with painted sheetrock is sheer lunacy in my opinion. The dark grout is not a problem. It's a feature.
January 6, 2013 at 4:05PM     
shrehirchuk
I totally agree about painting the grout white everywhere!!! Then get a huge mirror with glitz for the frame.what about a gear glass chandelier for a light fixture? This can be quite a glam bathroom! I don't mind the vanity at all. Put silver accessories such garbage can, shower curtain, how about apothacty jars on the toilet or counter. I would probably remove the shelving unit. Less is always better when it comes to clutter
. Good luck!
January 6, 2013 at 4:18PM   
PRO
Velvet A. Barton Decorative Artist
I do like the idea of the painted grout and it is true you can get that product. It is a lot
of work however and maybe not necessary. You can play that up or ignore the dark. I
would clear off the shelf in the side unit or add a nice box or basket to store your
things in. It would be nice to change the mirror even if you added more depth with
a larger one or one with a frame. It seems a little high and a large open space.
Then place some towels in the side unit that fit the space and some color with what
you have you can change your accessories and play up which ever color you prefer
nice space.
February 12, 2014 at 2:41PM