Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help for my livingroom+diningroom+ home office
Daniela
January 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need to fit in this room living room furniture, a table with chairs and also a desk for my computer. I have a few ideas but i could use some more. Those little cabinets are not mine, so don't mind them. Also, the fourth wall is simple, without any windows or doors. Thank you very much.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Daniela
also, i forgot to mention that i want it to be modern, in light colors, to keep it warm and cozy
January 6, 2013 at 1:31PM   
Darzy
I would float the couch in the middle of the room to face the tv. Then put your desk/chair behind the sofa with a lamp. The lamp will serve the desk, and the living space. Then, flank a couple chairs across from the coffee table. This desk may be too big (and no drawers would be best), but you get the idea...

January 6, 2013 at 1:31PM   
Darzy
On the small blank wall (kitchen side) you could put a small rectangular table up against the wall (with a bench under on one side) and have chairs surrounding. That way, you could pull out for extra seating, and also use one of the dining chairs as a desk chair/or dining chair when needed.

January 6, 2013 at 1:36PM   
rtist9
I would definetly stay pastels grey, taupes creams, lavendars, even a touch of pastel mints. Because your flatscreens, computers, digital wall frames etc. Will add the masculin flare you want. Then to keep light and stylish add track lighting from a lighting store or lowes across the lines of the walls will give you the coziness your want at night etc.
January 6, 2013 at 1:54PM   
Daniela
thanks a lot. the table will definitely go next to the kitchen wall and the bench is a very good idea. i was also thinking about putting the couch in the middle of the room, but i am not sure yet if the windows should be on the right hand side of it or behind it. the desk behind the sofa doesn't suit me because the computer has to be as near as possible to the tv screen.
January 7, 2013 at 3:03AM   
PRO
Blinds Direct Canada
I would recommend putting Cellular Shades mounted on the doors with hold down brackets. There is an option for Top Down Bottom Up so you can control the light and privacy in the room . I think it will really help finish off the space and look great.
http://www.blindsdirectcanada.com/blinds-toronto/cellular-shades.html
January 7, 2013 at 6:18AM