powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What furniture should I purchase? Layout, Art?
amymc16
January 6, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need some advice please on a tv console or armoire plus any recommendations for furniture, decorating, furniture layout. This is a living room, dining room. We have a dining room table we fold out for special occasions. Am especially stumped with long wall that has kid's table and tv against it currently (about 18 ft long). Any recommendations appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
I think your room needs two sofas in an "L" in front of the fireplace with the TV above. They will be much more flexible than your sectional. Your wingback can stay where it is and I would buy sofas more in line with the style of the chair. Make sure the front feet of both sofas are on the rug. Floor to ceiling stationary drapery panels with a print and some color would look nice. Buy a long low credenza for the long wall and hang your art there to start turning that wall into a gallery. Here are some ideas about that.
Brad Ford ID
East 75th Street
Village Apartment NYC
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 7:56PM
ManLand LandMan
A play area for that kid for one. There's nothing glamorous of having child toys around in your living room.
0 Likes   January 6, 2013 at 8:00PM
amymc16
Deoenthusiaste....thanks for great feedback, loved pics you added, especially last one. Appreciated!
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 8:12PM
PRO
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 8:16PM
betty71
First I would go with some toy storage that is a little more mature. I have trouble containing the kid items and find if I can stash them in an "adult" piece of furniture then I don't mind it as much. Also, the placement of the sofa is a little awkward. You can turn it and mount the tv above the fireplace or push it back a bit and get a petite armoire which would mean more storage as well. If you use an armoire, forgo the artwork on that wall unless you want to flank the armoire. However, the wall behind the sofa where the console is sitting could use something. Lately, I have been drawn to a grouping of pictures of different shapes and sizes.
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 9:38PM
thislittlehouse
Slide the sectional back so that it is lined up under the window - it looks like it is too far into the centre of the room. It should just slightly overlap the edge of the rug.
ou will have a bit more space to play with around the fireplace, which is LOVELY, by the way! :)

You will definitely need to purchase some storage units for your long wall. It seems like quite a big room, so you may be able to get some big builtins/bookcases - the TV can go in it, and you can put the toys in big baskets or tubs along the lower sections.

:) Elise
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 9:50PM
Jayme H.
Nice place..think the sectional belongs on the other wall where t.v. is. I would mount t.v. above fireplace. Your focal point is the fireplace. If tv goes on any wall I would make it the one directly opposite the fireplace and have a seating area there.
1 Like   January 6, 2013 at 9:56PM