Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with kitchen design
suzy1206
January 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are doing a large gourmet kitchen and I need help deciding what color granite would work best as well as what color for the walls. The two pieces of granite pictured are New Venetian Gold and St. Cecelia. My cabinets are Antique white w/ chocolate glaze and island is in Sundance w/ chocolate glaze. My flooring is tile in Tuscany Gold. Any suggestions greatly appreciated as to granite color, backsplash and paint color. Thank you!!!! So many decisions!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
abbshel
They are both beautiful pieces of granite, but I'm leaning more towards the square shaped chunk. It has more warmth to it and seems to tie your flooring in better.
Love your chocolate island!
January 7, 2013 at 6:24AM     
Natalie
Hi---I prefer the triangular shaped (St Cecilia) granite---it has a little more cool tone and will balance better with the floor tile. I do suggest a soft neutral wall color with a warm undertone---again to balance the color palette. Hope this is helpful. Beautiful kitchen... Good Luck!
Pic of wall color---SW 7031 Mega Greige---if too dark try SW 7030 Anew Gray... :)
[houzz=
]
January 7, 2013 at 6:50AM     
suzy1206
Thank you for the advice! So many decisions to make :)
January 7, 2013 at 9:19PM   
sealedesign
I say match the floor tile as much as possible but make sure it has the cool tones to go with the cabinets. (At least they look cool toned in the photo).
January 7, 2013 at 9:28PM   
Stacey Rushing
I like the Venetian gold. I think it goes with the floor better and is warmer.
January 7, 2013 at 9:40PM     
michigammemom
I prefer the brighter contrast of the St. Cecilia, particularly with your ivory cabinets.
January 8, 2013 at 5:22AM   
More Discussions
Need help with parlor layout
I'd like to shake things up in my "front room" / living...
How do you bump out a kitchen window?
We are trying to enlarge our kitchen window. After...
Your Opinion
We know the picture is a bit dark, but what do you...
Paint suggestion?
With newly stained concrete floors we are trying to...
Design my small living room
Need some help designing my oh so tiny living room....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.