Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with kitchen!!
einfante
January 7, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Just bought my first house!! very excited! Would like to re-do kitchen...as you can see it needs some major updating. I would like it to appear bigger than it is, as you can see it is also small. I need tips and ideas from colors, to furniture in this space. also on a budget..so was thinking of painting the cabinets..Will need to rip out floor too..dont think we have hard wood..I will have some help from contractor but I need ideas..please and thank you. Pls see pics..not my actual photos..space is empty now.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
I find it best to live in a house for a year before making changes. Let the house speak to you.

For now, I'd paint walls white. I like the wood trim and it matches cabinets so I might end up not painting cabinets at all. Clean & polish cabinets, and maybe install new hardware (black? stainless?)

LivingHomes C6 designed by Jamie Bush in Palm Springs Modernism Week Gull Pond Residence Belvedere Lagoon The Warren Project
January 8, 2013 at 12:14PM     
creeser
I think olldj22 is right. Live there for a bit and see how you live in the space and what works well in it and what doesn't. That chair railing that is so high up on the wall 'cuts' the wall, so I would consider taking that down and give everything a light coat of cream or white.
January 8, 2013 at 12:31PM     
PRO
LM Designers
I agree with olldj22 as well. I live in a home for a year before making big changes. I do however paint immediately anything I want. I need my colors. I like all my woodwork white and that is my first change.
January 8, 2013 at 12:37PM