Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with bedroom layout
dina_shaaban
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Confusing bedroom layout between bed facing entrance door with less closet space to work with?
Or bed on side on room -- which feels strange -- yet may be more practical to have a large closet facing entrance?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charleee
My vote would be for the arrangement with the blue bed, it seems to make more sense to me.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:11AM
Micki Samson
I wouldn't want to walk around the bed to get back and forth between the closet and bath, so I pick the red bed layout!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:19AM
sapnapg
I would pick the red bed layout (second pic). Having the bathroom door next to the bed is not something I would suggest.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:37AM
dina_shaaban
Thank you! They are all valid points... which makes it all in all more confusing lol
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 5:08AM
janishill
Blue bed layout so the bed can be the focal point when you walk into the room.

It isn't that far to walk around the bed to get from the closet to the bathroom so that is really a non-issue.

Or if you turn it as in the second red bed layout can you put a comfy chair catty-corner in the corner by the slidding doors? If so it would automatically feel more comfortable.
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 5:24AM
dina_shaaban
ahha nice idea @janishill i agree it would make the room much more welcoming ... the bed on the side of the door is annoying but the couch would add a lot of value.. thanks for the idea
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 5:53AM
MAlps
The bluue bed definitley makes the most sense. Who wants to walk right into a bed?
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 5:59AM
janishill
Hvae you thought of changing th estyle of the door? A pocket door, a barn door, or french style door would be functional while taking up less floor space.
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 6:55AM
dina_shaaban
No, I haven't thought of such doors but I don't really see the added benefit in this specific room !
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 7:00PM
lefty47
HI -- The second picture is best I think . I don't understand why you would think that the side arrangement is strange.
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 7:24PM
dina_shaaban
In my mind, the bed has to be the focal point of the room so putting it on the side puts me in this sort of dilemma Bcoz I'd win more space if the bed were turned sideways (pic2)
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 3:30AM
PRO
Joseph I. Mycyk Architects, Inc.
I like the blue bed layout. This layout gives the impression of a larger uncluttered space as you enter the room.

Question: Where are the windows? Or is this just an exercise? Windows can have an impact on your layout also.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 5:07AM
sashik
Can you ever have enough closet space? Definitely prefer the one with larger closet... But where the windows are would play a big role as well
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 5:15AM
dina_shaaban
the windows are at the leftmost part of the room behind the sliding doors ... it was actually a balcony but it is now closed (windows added).. in short, u can consider the leftmost (half door) as the windows for the room
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 5:34AM
PRO
Arlene Warda, Architecture+Interior Design
The blue bed is more formal, more symetrical, and the bedding arrangement is the focal point, which can be highlighted with bedding, picture frames. For the other scheme what do you have planned for the white space? it too can be a focal point: a tv wall, entertainment and home office equipment, and laptop or computer can be put there, so it depends on what is your most important focal point. Thanks for sharing!..
0 Likes   January 25, 2013 at 3:28PM