Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I'd like to find end tables and lamps
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I posted with regard to my orange sofa's and got some much appreciated input and one poster mentioned that my tables were outdated. I agree that they are and have since been looking through houzz photo's and find that very few show end tables and lamps! Are they things of the past? Am I a Dinosaur in a Modern world? Where can I find suitable tables for a room that requires lamps???? What style would houzzers recommend?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
tennisanyone
How many side tables do you need in this room? I count 5. The space needs to breath. I think you have too many. Why the lamp on the dining room table? Get a chandalier. I would also remove the valance from the window by the door. You have a nice room to work with. Just some editing would make it really nice.
January 8, 2013 at 5:52am   
MAlps
I agree with tennisanyone. THeres a bit too much going on in here, especially since this is a living room and dining room attached...It looks a bit cluttered
January 8, 2013 at 5:55am   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
At this point, consider it a "before" with things moving in and out. I'm not looking for MORE tables, I'm interested in REPLACING those I have. Maybe something more contemporary, lighter, larger. The lamp onthe DR table is there because I only recently re-arranged the entire room. I'll one day find time to shop for a light over the table. (I work a lot of long hours and shopping for a chandelier isn't in the works this week.) Thx.
January 8, 2013 at 6:03am   
tennisanyone
Point well taken Greg. It takes time to decorate. I can appreciate working and not having alot of time to shop. I like some of the tables you have, I just said by editing you can make this space feel much better by using what you have instead of buying new. I like your couches and paint color. So much to work with.
January 8, 2013 at 6:14am   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
Thanks for the upbeat note, but the wall color will be lightened as soon as I can obtain a new BM Paint deck. This color is too dark and too gold. Maybe that will help boost the light level and bringing in a new chandelier will be all I need. I plan to eliminate the wood blinds and temporary "topper" and replace them with pleated shades to simplify and insulate. I'll delete some personal items as well. The room is "transitioning" with the help of houzzers.
January 8, 2013 at 6:33am   
Jayme H.
Do u like metal? Wondering if some metal or some with metal on the tables would look nice in there.
January 8, 2013 at 6:34am   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
I DO! That's something to put in the hopper! I'm off to work (again) and will check in tonight. (metal.... makes a "metal" note of it!)
January 8, 2013 at 6:38am   
lololovell
i have a couple black wrought iron chandeliers i'd liked to barter with. you work in gainesville any? lol
January 11, 2013 at 9:32pm   
lololovell
what u think?
January 11, 2013 at 9:58pm   
lololovell
i'd also be interested in your wood blinds. oh, and i probably have a couple lamps downstairs u might like
January 11, 2013 at 10:03pm   
Greg the PAINT-IT! guy
I've decided to eliminate the current window treatments and start with Plantation Shutters and jump from there. Thanks, everyone. BTW: We're in AZ. TTYL
January 12, 2013 at 7:20am   
More Discussions
Sea life illustrations or paintings for my living room
I am redecorating and looking for sealife illustrations...
What to do with this charming chest
Really like this 70s 80s Lane chest. Using for a night...
Need Help Landscaping Brick Ranch
We cannot stand the front landscaping - rocks/pebbles...
Need Help for Wall painting
I just bough this house and planning on repainting....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.