powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
It's all in the details! I just can't decide which detail to choose...
Denise Vilim
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm adding a makeup vanity in my contemporary, gray & dark brown bedroom and I'm going crazy trying to select drawer/door knobs and/or pulls. All of the furnishings in the room, including the new vanity, are from IKEA and are laid out in our (almost perfectly square) bedroom as such:
Brown/black MALM bed with headboard against one wall.
To the right of the bed is our office consisting of: br/bl AKURUM kitchen cabinets supporting long br/bl countertop as our 2 person desk and br/bl BESTA wall cabinets above desk with ABSTRAKT glossy gray door fronts.
On the opposite wall from the bed are 2 ENGAN dressers with round, black pulls.
On the left side of the bed is where the (hacked br/bl BESTA wall cabinets with 3 drawers and 1 door) vanity will go.

Below are pics of an ENGAN unit, br/bl door/drawer front, ABSTRAKT gray door and METRIK handle (which we have 4 of on our AKURUM desk cabinets).

So, all you always wonderfully helpful HOUZZ users, taking into account the colors and shapes of the METRIK handles and pulls on the ENGAN unit, which modern/contemporary pulls and/or knobs would you choose for the vanity?

Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
If I am following correctly: I'd have all handles on left side of bed the same as handles on right side of bed. The Metrik.
January 9, 2013 at 10:25AM   
Denise Vilim
Thanks olldj22! I think going with the Metrik handles would definitely be the most logical and aesthetically balanced thing to do. It just ocurred to me that the reason I haven't gone with those is I think they're a bit boring. My husband chose them for the office cabinets when they were still in our livingroom before we relocated our office area to our bedroom. I'm wondering now if I should select all new ones that would match the pulls or knobs I decide to go with for the vanity.

Actually, I think I might start a new discussion about this and re-phrase my question if I can figure out how to delete or close this one.

Thank you for your suggestion!
January 9, 2013 at 11:34AM     
TanCalGal
I don't think U can close a discussion. I'd wait (12-24 hours) and then post the new question.
January 9, 2013 at 11:46AM   
Denise Vilim
Oh Okay, cool! Thanks for the tip!
January 9, 2013 at 11:54AM     
More Discussions
Help kitchen makeover
Quick overview, our kitchen was the first room to be...
Need help finding curtain rods for a 220" window wall
There is a French door in the middle. I want no interruptions...
Empty corner
Help! Looking for something to fill this empty space....
Need advice...
Pictured here is the foyer I would like to paint a...
Keep, replace or turn into lamps?
Any thoughts about the two blue vases? I got them because...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.