Design Dilemma
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Design Dilemma
Professionals
Users

Bathroom for pool area organizing and decorating help.

Prince ToddJanuary 8, 2013
This bathroom leads to pool area. Would love ideas to make more stylish and functional. Cabinets cannot be painted :(
Have attached exterior pic as well for architecture. We are in wine country. Thanks!!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luckey85
Beautiful room! If you need more hanging towel space, take down the single towel bar and replace it with a long 1x6 plank finished to match your other woodwork, then attach 5 or 7 hooks (use odd #) that match your hardware. This should be mounted on the wall to the studs at about 5 feet up to accommodate longer pool towels.
2 Likes    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 8:58AM
Dar Eckert
New Moon Cottage · More Info

2007 'Milwaukee Home and Fine Living' Best of Competition Award Winner · More Info

The room looks dark so I would try to get in some more light colors like pale blue walls & lighter color floor tile. Update the mirror and lights. New door with translucent glass and eliminate the curtain in front of door.
Pleasant Valley · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:26AM
decoenthusiaste
Looks like you have a small counter or chest beside the toilet with towels on top. I would take that vertically with shelves for towels. and then add more hooks as luckey85 suggested. You could do floating shelves that match your door finishes.
Kentfield Residence - Summer Time Fun · More Info
1 Like    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:56AM
kobley
When you say wine country I assume you mean N Calif. Instead of replacing the door there is a film product that can be put on the inside of the window panes that will make it look opaque. I used it on my garage windows so that people cannot see in. It lets in lots of light. Then you can get rid of the curtain. Call someone who installs window film.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 9:57AM
Prince Todd
Kobley-central coast. Santa Ynez Valley. I had film there before but my dog scratched up so I tore it off! Thinking I should replace. The drapes are too dark. Thx!
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 12:50PM
Prince Todd
Shelving might be practical or hooks. Dislike clutter so had towels under sink but no one knew where to find them! Also, dislike the green paint now and dog scratched up anyway. Kinda hard to work with tat wood color!
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 12:53PM
charleee
Since you're in wine country, wouldn't it be cool to get one of those accordion type wine racks and roll/place the towels in it?
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 1:26PM
Prince Todd
Great idea!
1 Like    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 5:55PM
charro534
They make a spray that you can frost glass with. I would try that instead of window film or a new door. It is sold at Home Depot and I think Wal-Mart.
    Bookmark   January 8, 2013 at 6:00PM
PRO
The Creative Man
Needs some warmth. Add basket, a ratan rug and some mexican like pottery to pick up your exterior style.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 10:43AM
judygilpin
It appears to be a long narrow room in the photos. First, remove that drape. You can have the door panes etched or filmed as someone else suggested. I've done that in 3 homes and it works well. Also, I'd get rid of the green paint and use light taupe or kahki shade. The faucet and towel racks/bars appear to be of different finishes. Change all hardware to the same finish, I'd suggest an oiled bronze look and up date the fixture over the mirror. The plate (?) on the wall is way too small. Spice things up with a large artpiece with a large pottery vase filled with olive branches or something similar on the vanity counter. A shallow antique cabinet or shelf unit over the toilet will add the towel storage you need. I loved the idea someone had to use an antique wine rack. For the real spark, find a carpet runner in a timeless pattern (Oriental perhaps) to run the length of the floor.

I mentioned repainting to make the room more neutral, not that I don't like green, but I'd use that (green) in your accessory pieces (vases, the main color in the carpet, etc.) for a more cohesive look.

Good Luck, you have a lovely home.
1 Like    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 1:44PM
kyraani
I think white is a must with big tiles for illusion of space and functionality. Even a great slope on floor for potential of hose out to clean.
Use high set sink on wall for ease of floor clean and even raise a cuppled toilet to wall. Simplicity is the key and ease of clean.
    Bookmark   January 9, 2013 at 3:16PM
mandy3911
that`s a beautifull ideas...I like this page...
    Bookmark   January 10, 2013 at 5:57PM