Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Screened in Patio ideas
maseeterlin
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I was wondering if anyone had any design Ideas for this screened in patio room, it's used in the summer and I was thinking we might add a projector and a screen out there to watch movies on summer nights, we need help with color and furniture and flooring an everything else because we have no idea what we're doing
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
From living, dining and sleeping space to family theater, you can get all kinds of use out of that porch! With some insulated draperies and a space heater you can enjoy it for a longer spell. Just be sure to check ventilation requirements for any heater you consider.
Hunting Lodge - Oxford, Maryland
Outdoor Entertainment Gear Indoor And Outdoor Big Screen
Gazebo Solid Indoor-Outdoor Window Panel, Orange
Patio Heaters
Northgate Electric Tabletop Heater by Uniflame
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 1:26PM
Jayme H.
Looks like where we live..snow!!! I would definately look into weather proof furniture. Moisture, etc is an issue in colder climates as u already know I am sure...lots of nice, reasonable all season woven-look types with big, comfy cushions for watching movies...a few of those/nice arm chairs with an ottoman....Nowadays u can also add a little electric fireplace very reasonably and they are very safe..we put on in our basement..
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 1:47PM
Jayme H.
Some ideas: are u on a lake, and do you have any sand/water issues? If so, I would put in something easily vacuumed/swept. If it's a hard surface floor, I would use area rugs over it. Are u going for a rustic look? If so, you could hang woven-type shades. P.S. There are also more "sofa-like" all weather furnitures as well, not sure how much room u want to take up with furniture as that type is bigger.
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 1:53PM
Dar Eckert
This looks a lot like my inlaws screen porch even the chairs and artificial turf. My first inclination is to put ceramic tile or stone on the floor but you'll probably need to beef up the floor with underlayment. Another thought might be wide painted planks to give that carefree cabin feel. Also like a table in the porch for games and cards.
Porch
dining
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 1:57PM
Jayme H.
These little things do a great job and can be purchased inexpensively or not...they add a nice touch if a person isn't planning on spending a bundle.
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:16PM
PRO
House of Holland - TX
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 2:25PM
maseeterlin
I really like the heating options thanks!! Do you have any advice in terms of colors?
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 3:47PM
Jayme H.
I would keep the walls somewhat light as it is a small area. Do u like the "beachy" look with creams, tans, blues? Can be quite beautitul...add in some woven textures like sissal??
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 3:54PM
Jayme H.
Examples
2 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 4:00PM
Jayme H.
a few more
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 4:09PM
Jayme H.
Sorry I am enjoying this
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 4:13PM
PRO
House of Holland - TX
Obviously you have snow, so you don't live in Florida. What part of the country are you in?
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 4:29PM
collettec
What is the color and material of the rest of the exterior of your house? I would have the posts and the color of the wall either match or "go" with the rest of your exterior so it doesn't look disjointed from the outside. Wicker is great for screened in porches. And lightweight so easy to move around if you want to move chairs around to view a screen for instance. Definitely add some summer color. Florals are great for cushions, etc. Really like the striped rugs Jayme showed above for the floors. Oh, and given the sun you get for part of the day, flowers in pots are great too. Enjoy! I love screened in porches.
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 4:30PM
Jayme H.
More color combo examples
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 4:33PM
maseeterlin
were in michigan, so we do get to use then room for 2-3 seasons and I love the ideas!!!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 4:42PM
Jayme H.
I am from Northern MN., live on the MN/ND border (Northern) now...know how it gets..although a bit warmer your way I think..:) This is a cute place...lots of options!!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 7:12PM