next bthroom redo
Crissy Carey_Baca
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
clearly the people before us were not about updates lol
this is my kids/guest bathroom
I have my ideas but i'm open to suggestions
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shayna McElveny
It could use a little style update... Its a lot of light pink. Maybe go for a simple white and navy blue throughout the bathroom. Do you have an ideabook of some pictures that you might consider doing.
January 8, 2013 at 2:21PM   
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
Yes, you could definitely rip it all out and start over. I'd feature a lovely glass enclosure on a shower. I'd wall hang the vanity, as shown below, to make the room look larger. Do you really need 2 sinks? I like the wall hung vanity in the first photo below but I'd use 12 x 24" tile on both the floor and in the shower, as is shown in photo 2.
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID Bathroom Mid Century Modern Master Bathroom
January 8, 2013 at 2:23PM     
Crissy Carey_Baca
I def want glass tile behind the sink and in the shower/tub area, I have 2 young children so Im not sure about the floating vanity idea. I want to stick to the house feel of traditional also. As far as colors im open as long as its not girly since I am surrounded by boys lol
I do love earthy tones however!
January 8, 2013 at 2:28PM   
PRO
Kids grow up rapidly so I would not select any of the permanent items with a kids' theme in mind. That can be done with wall color, artwork, and towels. I like the stripes in the bath below.
January 8, 2013 at 2:30PM     
PRO
House of Holland - TX
How much demo are you willing/able to do, keeping in mind budget, timelines - and most important, will the kids have access to another bathroom during the remodeling process?
January 8, 2013 at 2:31PM   
Crissy Carey_Baca
I love that Hamptons pic!! We are completely ripping it all out!! Yes the kids will have access to another bathroom =)
January 8, 2013 at 2:36PM   
PRO
LM Designers
It's kind of tight for a double sink vanity. The sinks are very close together leaving a shortage of counter top space. If you replace the toilet with a white one and get the wall tile sprayed white, tub if it is pink also then you will have a more nuetral palette to work with. Get a new vanity with one sink. Looks like you have room for a linen cabinet if you downsize the vanity a little. Pick a color from the floor to tie it together.
January 8, 2013 at 2:39PM   
Darzy
If the boys share the bathroom, you may need the double sink. How about a small trough sink? This photo is a beautiful traditional, yet modern look. I love the faucets out from the wall.

January 8, 2013 at 2:51PM     
Crissy Carey_Baca
def like that!
January 8, 2013 at 2:56PM   
PRO
Life will be easier if you go with one sink. It will leave you space for more drawers in your vanity. With a sink in the middle, you'd have space for small drawers on each side. While if you put the sink next to the toilet, you'll have space for one stack of bigger drawers.

I'm glad you like the Hamptons picture. You could easily paint stripes like that, and use a white or neutral tile. Or you could add accents of colored mosaic tiles. Of course you'd have more flexibility adding color just with paint. Elida Ceramica Recycled Mosaic Artic Green Glass Wall Tile Master Shower Druid Hills Renovation New Children's Bathroom in Attic
January 8, 2013 at 2:59PM   
More Discussions
My living room
We recently painted our living room gray to match the...
Help! Front porch is a blah disaster!
What can i do to improve the curb appeal of my home?...
Need Help for Landscaping University site
The site is for a University near Shillong, Meghalaya,India...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.