powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
does this colour wall go well with ikea nexus black brown kitchens with white granite countertop in a u shape.
egla12
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
this is the view of my new kitchen area from my family room. we will be going with ikea nexus black brown, and hardwood floors cherry color and white granite countertop. I am having a hard time envisioning this. can anyone recommend if this wall color is a great fit for ikea black brown nexus? if not what would you go for? what about the cherry tone hardwood floor? thanks
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
I think the cabinets, counter and flooring will be OK.

With dark cabinets and flooring, I think the wall paint should be very light. I'd try to match the walls to the white counter granite. photo.

Wall paint is often chosen last. You have to see how the wall paint looks with the cabinets, flooring, counters, & knobs. Here's a good article on how to choose wall paint. click. http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

If you R disappointed and really like the wall paint color, use that color as an accent for towels, decorative items etc.
January 9, 2013 at 4:05PM   
Marilyn Wilkie
Try posing that question on Ikeafans.com They are all lovers of Ikea (like me) and are very happy to help out. They are not professional designers but their heart is in the right place. I get the feeling Ikea is a dirty word on this site for some reason. Too do it yourself maybe.
January 9, 2013 at 4:12PM   
TanCalGal
Houzz has many IKEA photos & we're asked many questions about IKEA here. I'm not sure what you mean, Marilyn Wilkie. I certainly don't feel that way. http://www.houzz.com/photos/kitchen/IKEA-
January 9, 2013 at 4:36PM   
More Discussions
Accent Table Decor
Any inspiring pictures or ideas you can provide of...
Help me finish this room
We love our new living room / dining room. We have...
Help on ideas for my entryway.
This is a very old farmhouse that has been remodeled....
Has anyone installed LG Viatera Rococo?
I am thinking about using LG Viatera Rococo in my kitchen,...
Help choosing bedroom accessories
I'm a single young woman and this is my room. I'm trying...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.