powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
does this colour wall go well with ikea nexus black brown kitchens with white granite countertop in a u shape.
egla12
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
this is the view of my new kitchen area from my family room. we will be going with ikea nexus black brown, and hardwood floors cherry color and white granite countertop. I am having a hard time envisioning this. can anyone recommend if this wall color is a great fit for ikea black brown nexus? if not what would you go for? what about the cherry tone hardwood floor? thanks
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
TanCalGal
I think the cabinets, counter and flooring will be OK.

With dark cabinets and flooring, I think the wall paint should be very light. I'd try to match the walls to the white counter granite. photo.

Wall paint is often chosen last. You have to see how the wall paint looks with the cabinets, flooring, counters, & knobs. Here's a good article on how to choose wall paint. click. http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

If you R disappointed and really like the wall paint color, use that color as an accent for towels, decorative items etc.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 4:05PM
Marilyn Wilkie
Try posing that question on Ikeafans.com They are all lovers of Ikea (like me) and are very happy to help out. They are not professional designers but their heart is in the right place. I get the feeling Ikea is a dirty word on this site for some reason. Too do it yourself maybe.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 4:12PM
TanCalGal
Houzz has many IKEA photos & we're asked many questions about IKEA here. I'm not sure what you mean, Marilyn Wilkie. I certainly don't feel that way. http://www.houzz.com/photos/kitchen/IKEA-
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 4:36PM
jeezlouise7
I think once your cabinets, countertops and appliances are in place, you'll find the colour will be more acceptable. It's just that it's one huge canvas of colour right now which is making you doubt your choice. I believe I personally would go with a lighter rather than a dark countertop though. I'm sure the sunlight coming through your windows or with your potlights on will make a difference to the look as well.
0 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 8:11AM
Rina
As indicated below, the only thing that worries me is whether your specific cherry wood and your specific wall colour (can't trust monitor colours) will work together. Otherwise, with a white backsplash, perhaps, I like it.
0 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 9:00AM
hayleydaniels
This is almost 2 years old......
0 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 9:05AM
Rina
:-) Aaargh! Hayley, well done. Sharp eyes. Mine? Very blurred, clearly. I wish I would remember to check, now that the timeline has been messed up by all the various things that pop up on the right. Oh well, Jeezlouise. That's both of us suckered.
1 Like   December 10, 2014 at 9:31AM
PRO
JudyG Designs
Hi, Rina. My painter is coming next week, Going with your recommendations. Thanks.

Hayley is the best at spotting these old posts! She has saved me more than once.

Wonder how the kitchen came out.
1 Like   December 10, 2014 at 1:30PM
decoenthusiaste
We're not likely to ever know the outcome. Wish posters would show results for us. Not very gratifying to never hear from them, as in this case where there was no response at all. Maybe we should give them 7-10 days to respond and then ditch the dilemma so we can help someone who cares. Got to be a better way to be more helpful and watch for dates!
2 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 1:42PM
PRO
JudyG Designs
I know what you mean, deco, but these posts are tricky little suckers as they suddenly appear to the right of the screen and we assume they are current.

I was reading this post a few days ago….literally hundreds had responded, but not one word from the original poster to be found. Reminds me of my old hard of hearing grandmother, she would ask a question and leave the room //I think she forgot she asked : >)
1 Like   December 10, 2014 at 1:48PM
Nancy Travisinteriors
It looks like it would work. But colors on computers don't show true color. Get cabs in then see. Paint is the easy part.
0 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 2:58PM
Nancy Travisinteriors
IKEA has come a long way. Now that Ikea installs their product it's easier than ever. And a good product. Be sure to post after pics.
0 Likes   December 10, 2014 at 3:00PM
Nancy Travisinteriors
Oh no. 2 years old. I usually check dates. Hope she sees this and post after pics.
1 Like   December 10, 2014 at 3:02PM