powered by
Need help with 3 sided fire place?
Rita Amir
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Rita Amir
Hi, I have a 3 sided fire place between my living and dinning room but it just sits there! I want to open the top and ad a shelf to it but don't know how to find out where the fire places canal locate it, how I can find out what is inside the wall without opening it?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Red Rock Pools and Spas and Red Rock Contractors
You will likely have to open it. I cannot see enough from your photos, but you might be able to look in the attic and see what kind of duct work there is and where it runs. There are direct vent fireplaces that use a pretty small duct. However if it is masonry it would be more complicated and larger. Rigid also make a pretty good snake camera that can go through a 3/4" hole. You could poke a small hole in the wall behind the art work and see what is in there.
January 8, 2013 at 8:30pm   
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Rita Amir
That's a great idea, thanks. May be would work with plumbers mirror, I think it's easier and cheaper! Have to look at both options.
January 10, 2013 at 6:24pm   
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
need help with mirror over fire place. is size ok
Fabric is sof spring green. pale aqua/seafoam and a...
need help in finding a fire place for my dining room
Need help in finding a fire place for my dining room...
Help! Incredibly ugly fire place needs beautifying!
We have just bought a new home and in the design stages...
Need help with my fire place...advise on tile?
Advise on new tile? What colour should I re-paint ?...
More Discussions
I feel like something is missing.... Need some help!
I feel feel like this bedroom is missing something!...
Help with a bedroom
We just remodeled this bedroom. I love the bedding...
If you could change one thing about your house...
...what would it be? Tell us in the comments! If...
What could I do to update this chair
I found these nice 70's dinning chairs!! they would...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.