Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom for both sexes
taptoesena
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We both (finally) agreed on something we like as design inspiration in the master bedroom of our new home. However, the turquoise image you see is what it currently looks like. To achieve the inspiration photo without breaking the bank, what ideas do you have? I love love love the headboard and night stands.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
The headboard might set you back a bit. But if you keep your eyes open at estate sales, furniture consignment stores and even Craigslist, you'll probably be able to find something comparable at a deep discount. Likewise with the nightstands. If you're at all handy with needle and thread, the pillow covers and curtains can be done relatively inexpensively - depending on fabric choices.

Your bay window is glorious! I can see two arm chairs happily co-habitating there with a table between them.

The other major component of this room is the beautiful floor. What's under your carpet? If you have wood underneat, refinishing is another DIY project that will save you money. It's not complicated , but does take time and care.

You can have a room very much like your inspiration photo without breaking the bank. Just take your time and shop smart.
4 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 8:59PM
taptoesena
Thank you!!
0 Likes   January 8, 2013 at 9:12PM
Natalie
Excellent advice from Manon... :)
1 Like   January 8, 2013 at 9:16PM
PRO
Cheery Curtains
The room is nice with so beautiful a bay window! When decorating the room, you need to choose blackout curtains to ensure a good sleep.

Cheery Curtains also has lots of nice curtains for bedrooms. Good quality, fully customizable, and most importantly, prices could not be better. For more designs, welcome to my Houzz page!
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 12:16AM
More Discussions
help for my bedroom
We built a new home and I am horrible at decorating....
Which room to hardwood?
Hi, I purchased some really nice Dansk wire brushed...
Buyers remorse or OCD? New house, new stuff, no clue!
We just moved into our new custom home and I can't...
Need help designing back patio
Hello, I'd love your help designing a large patio that...
Let's play with my Snazzy Garottage project
We're building a carriage house (we prefer the term...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.