Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with a color scheme
alucideye
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just bought a tufted blue velvet headboard that I LOVE but am having trouble picking out the color scheme for the room for paint, curtains, accents, etc. I want the headboard to pop against the wall with maybe one or two accents...love purples and oranges as well (but not wed to those colors). Anyone have suggestions? Thanks!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Liz
I love your headboard too! Where did you purchase? I'm thinking about doing a dark navy blue wall with a white headboard like this so maybe a pretty silvery snowy white would go. I also like lime green or hot pink with this color.
January 8, 2013 at 9:57PM   
Liz
Wait is it black or blue? Haha
January 8, 2013 at 9:58PM     
Liz
Ignore my dumb question. You said blue above. Sorry. I love coral accent with navy as well.
January 8, 2013 at 10:23PM     
Manon Floreat
I like your idea of purple with the navy blue - perhaps consider the plums and violets. I'd consider a bit of aqua as well. For the walls a warm taupe would be a nice contrast to the cool navy. For curtains, you'll have to decide if you wan them to recede into the walls or stand out. For small rooms, receding sometimes works best. Here's a collage to give you some ideas of how the colors would look together.
January 8, 2013 at 10:56PM     
Manon Floreat
Oh, Liz! Coral is pretty with navy blue. I like that the gold you added to the in your collage. Nice!
January 8, 2013 at 10:59PM     
Aja Mazin
Navy would pop on a yellow wall.
January 8, 2013 at 11:15PM     
lwilson126
Hotel linen. White duvet with blue accent border. Consider soft white walls, mirrored nightstands. As the room seems small, hang simple framed mirrors the same width of nightstands in back of each one. Lamps look great doing this.
January 8, 2013 at 11:26PM     
Natalie
I Prefer navy with blue---all hues ranging from periwinkle to turquoise-a mix... Of course chartreuse and lilac look great with it too... Beautiful headboard... Good Luck! http://www.bluebedroomideas.com/tag/navy
January 8, 2013 at 11:43PM   
michigammemom
I love the soothing look of this bedroom with blue upholstered headboard, barely-there blue walls, and white and ivory bedding.
January 9, 2013 at 4:51AM     
dgrise
love the navy blue and if you love orange... a soft orange would look unbelievable. you can do pillows with soft strips, solids, small florals with those colors and more and have a bedroom completely innovative...don't be afraid of color... makes an interesting look and soft orange is a great color for a bedroom.
January 9, 2013 at 5:20AM   
PRO
Dawn Hearn Interior Design
I think orange or lime green would be a nice accent with the navy.
January 9, 2013 at 5:31AM     
PRO
MUSE Design
What a beautiful headboard! I think a soft orange or melon and navy would be great. Below is a sample picture from this site at this link and there's more wonderful inspiration when you search +orange +navy:

January 9, 2013 at 6:04AM