Professionals
Users
BROWN STACK FIREPLACE
mzos
January 8, 2013 in Design Dilemma
WHAT COLOR SHOULD CHIMNEY STACK BE ANY IDEAS ON BRICK
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
In this case, I think I would paint it your wall color. I'd also recommend replacing the hearth with a solid piece of black slate. The "block" style here isn't complimentary with the brick.
January 8, 2013 at 10:12pm   
onthefence
That's a very cool feature!

My first thought would be to paint the brick and stack both in the wall color. I'm curious though, what material is the mantle?

If the mantle is a stone of some sort, perhaps the brick and stack could be a shade of gray/beige that works with the stone? Something that would tie in to the stone on the hearth and the doors.

Our neighbors recently painted their FP a mid-tone gray and it turned out great.
January 8, 2013 at 10:18pm   
Darzy
Hmmm....maybe if you painted the chimney the brick red? That could look awsome. I don't know if possible, but maybe paint the hearth black with the paint for fireplaces?
January 8, 2013 at 10:23pm   
angiesays
Looks like you have the hearth, fireplace brick, mantle and chimney of four different materials and colors. If it were mine, I would find some really nice tile that suited my taste and was complementary with the mantle and tile the fireplace and chimney to match. There are a lot of creative possibilities here.
January 9, 2013 at 2:03am   
More Discussions
POLL: Best Home Security System?
Everyone wants to make sure their home and family is...
need ideas for the wall in my dressing room
I just have reformed this room for my dressing room...
How to achieve a classic/ elegant/ chic decor ( key pieces)
Please, help me to decor/ furnish my living room.
Paint color for open space rental apartment kitchen walls/cabinets?
I need to paint my dated, ugly rental kitchen. I live...
What's your dream kitchen style?
Minimalist, farmhouse, traditional, rustic... Which...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.