Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Window coverings
Chrissy
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are moving into this house and I am stumped as to how to cover these windows? I was thinking one curtain rod across all 3 windows, with longer curtains pushed to the sides (but the ability to close them). Would this look right?

Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Bonnie
I think that would look good.
January 9, 2013 at 8:35AM   
Kira Nguyen
I'm not sure how bright it gets in your living room, but you might want to try roman shades if there's a lot of sun exposure. And curtains on the sides would look great!

January 9, 2013 at 8:37AM   
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
I think that could look great. Kira posted a perfect example. I too think romans in a bamboo or match stick style could look nice but you have one tricky problem to solve, you arched window. If you feel like you will have enough privacy with pulling the drapes closed then I think that is your best bet. You could even do a double rod and do a set of sheers underneath so that you have the option to filter light if you need too.
Good luck, it looks like a great space!
January 9, 2013 at 8:43AM   
decoenthusiaste
You're on the right track, but I don't think privacy looks to be an issue so they would be fine left undraped. The softness and warmth drapes can add is nice though. Look for color and pattern in the fabric, as your room seems to be a bit monotone.
January 9, 2013 at 8:53AM   
quantumnerd
Probably one rod across all three windows. Maybe going up to the ceiling, then you can pull them open to the sides during the day and close them at night.
January 9, 2013 at 8:53AM     
Chrissy
Thanks for your suggestions...I like the double rod idea with the sheers underneath. Also, we haven't moved in yet...this is the picture from the realtor website. I love color, so we will definitely be adding more of it to this space!
January 9, 2013 at 9:25AM   
PRO
A. Peltier Interiors
What a fun project chrissyshoots, keep us posted with photos when you move in! Also, follow quantumnerd's suggestions and mount the rod as close to the ceiling as possible, this will make your room look as large as possible and the panels will look more expensive.
January 9, 2013 at 11:17AM   
Kira Nguyen
I second A. Peltier! Would love to see more photos of your space and help with the project in any way :)
January 9, 2013 at 11:37AM   
Chrissy
Thanks I definitely will keep you posted! I love the idea of the rod close to the ceiling. Thanks so much for your advice- I really appreciate it!
January 9, 2013 at 12:07PM   
PRO
Creative Blinds & Decor
Chrissy,
Great windows! Another suggestion would be to have an arched cornice, following the shape of the architectural design of the windows covering the wall, yet going very high and just have panels on the sides under the cornice- and for privacy at times you could have fully functional panels as well!
January 9, 2013 at 12:27PM   
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.