powered by
Help with tall windows
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We just moved into this house & we're not sure what to do with the family room. Our style is casual/traditional. We have kids, so we like to keep the decor uncluttered. The furniture pictured here is old & we are up for a total change. Our major dilemma is the windows. They produce a LOT of glare on our flat screen TV. Would love to hear everyone's ideas!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JMittman Designs
I would start by having film installed on the windows to eliminate the glare. What does the other side of the room look like? I assume another window on the other side of the mantle? Your windows would look great with curtain panels hung above the second set of windows. Terrific room.
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 10:43AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
HI -- The best thing for your windows would be electrical shade blinds w/remote , then full length drape panels added to the bottom windows . Hunter Douglas has a lot of choices of blinds from just sun shade to room darkening. There is also roller shades that are put on the outside -- but, I think they are ugly, but they work and can be color matched to the house color. Wonderful room !
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 10:57AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
I think the remote control blinds are a great, convenient option. I'd like to see more pics of the room though to see if there are more windows, or entrances, etc.
2 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 8:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
A Kitchen That Works LLC
Remote control window blinds is a great choice. Realize they come two ways - battery powered and hardwired. To hard wire will require cutting sheet rock, so batter might be the best for you. They will help reduce your heating/cooling bills.
1 Like   January 10, 2013 at 8:56PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Scott Design, Inc.
If you were to get an articulating arm for your TV bracket, would a down-tilt angle work or a side to side?
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Quintin Dormeier
Quick rig some sheets
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:51PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pleotint LLC
have you found a solution to your glare problem yet?
0 Likes   July 1, 2014 at 11:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Foley Development Group
Remote control blinds are a good idea as mentioned above or you can pay to have the windows tinted.
0 Likes   July 2, 2014 at 10:14AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Two Blind Guys
I would highly recommend looking into Hunter Douglas Duette Honeycomb Shades. Not only are they energy efficient, they are available in PowerRise Motorization and come in a wide variety of colors, fabrics, and various pleat sizes. They are perfect for spaces like this where you need to block the intense, direct sunlight and keep the heat and cold out during different seasons.
0 Likes   July 2, 2014 at 3:15PM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Need help with my tall walls and windows in our Dining Room!
Please help us with design/decorating ideas for our...
Need help with TALL windows on a budget.
We (a cop and teacher) have to cover 10 windows step...
Maria Weakley
Need Help re: Tall Windows
What would you do to improve the appearance of these...
price difference between 7ft tall and 8ft tall window and doors?
my ceiling hieght is 9ft to 10ft. iknow 7ft tall windows...
More Discussions
Need advice for Counterdepth Fridge
Hi everyone--we have an odd space for our fridge. It's...
Bar height or Counter height home bar?
We're remodeling our great room into a game room with...
Jennifer Wood
Hate my new granite!!! This whole process has been a nightmare :(
I'm really trying not to get so worked up about this,...
Style concept dilemma
Here's another good example of our interior design...
Vanguard development LA
two bathroom mirror or one large one?
I have a second bath with two faucets on a single vanity....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.