Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Front door help
mflohelp
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I want to add some details to help the place rent. Id like to do some crown molding around the front door, both inside and out. Good idea??
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
PH Interiors, LLC
Great idea. Crown is always a good investment in a traditional/transitional house. Also, paint that shoe molding white to match the base trim. May also look into replacing light fixture with more up to date (inexpensive) one.
January 9, 2013 at 11:32am   
katelyndunkel
I agree with replacing the light fixture, and doing thicker moulding around the door. You can't go wrong with that. Also, I'd replace the door knob to a more decorative prominent front door handle. But it's good you have a neutral color scheme. It will appeal tomorrow renters.
January 9, 2013 at 8:13pm   
katelyndunkel
Oops! it was suppose to say, "To more renters."
January 9, 2013 at 8:14pm   
chelseabeagle
As a past renter, I was more concerned out the kitchen, living room and bedroom than the front door.
January 9, 2013 at 10:47pm     
Darzy
Are you renting? I wouldn't add crown moulding to a rental unless you own it. You can add "details" above the door with wood scroll, etc that you can take with you.
January 9, 2013 at 10:52pm   
mflohelp
@Darzy - we do own the house. We are renting the house out while my husband is deployed lol. I saw on Pinterest something about Faux Wainscoting, does this meaning anything to anyone?
January 10, 2013 at 7:34am   
PRO
Dytecture
I agree with adding some architectural moldings to add some character to the entry area.

January 10, 2013 at 7:45am     
decoenthusiaste
I'm not sure I understand what kind of crown molding would go around the door on the inside and outside as you stated. We may all be jumping to a different conclusion about what you're planning to do. On the other hand, for under $100 you could do better than a builder's special light fixture and add some visual interest.
Edgemoor 2-Light Flush Laser Drum
Country - Cottage Somerset 14” Diameter Flushmount Ceiling Fixture
January 10, 2013 at 8:02am   
mflohelp
I've already put up a pic of the crown mding that goes on the inside. Below is an addition outside option.
January 10, 2013 at 8:06am     
More Discussions
My Living Room Layout, Need Help!
I am facing a problem as to where I should place my...
low maintenace landscape ideas
Looking for low maintenance ideas for landscaping our...
What to do with the brick - can't make a decision please help
This is the sunroom from inside and outside. The trim...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.