powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Purplish-gray walls in living room with teal?
middleofnowhere
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The color I picked for my living room is a mid-tone purplish gray, with bright white trim ("proper gray" by Sherwin-Williams). It's a south-facing room but I'm close to Canada and the light is not really strong. The couch is a slightly lighter shade of gray and for now the floor will be painted trim-white (cork floors later in a medium brown). I also have this wild teal-blue leather chair I bought, and I'm getting Flor Tiles in a patterned teal that has purple and black in it, and a purple border. 2 questions: 1., does the purple-gray go with the teal chair and carpet tiles; and 2., can I get away with a light teal-blue on the ceiling? Photo shows chair; the painted swatch above it is "proper gray", the blue higher up is ceiling (and chimney) color, Flor Tile samples on floor. Help!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
I found one photo of SW's "proper gray" on Houzz & it looks kinda dark for your room. Actually the color on your wall looks beige-pink from here. So I am not sure about the wall color or the ceiling color. Modern Residential Project

Here's a good article on choosing paint 4 walls (& maybe ceilings, too). http://www.lindaholtinteriors.com/2011/07/testing-wall-color-101/

I love the chair & your various art! Rug is interesting and should be fine, especially with the white floors. This photo might look something like the room you R planning? Living Room
January 10, 2013 at 2:58PM   
charleee
See if you like this gray: [houzz=
]
January 10, 2013 at 3:06PM   
middleofnowhere
Olldbobbi: I see the gray, but it doesn't say the color. Do you know the name? It's pretty.
January 10, 2013 at 7:39PM   
charleee
The color is Light French Gray Paint by Sherwin Williams.
January 11, 2013 at 1:36AM   
rluchinski
I like the top big paint sample. Is it purply? I think purples would look great with this chair, but agree, keep the lighter tones.
January 11, 2013 at 4:54AM   
michigammemom
Not sure how accurate the colors are in your photos as several of your samples have peachy/taupe undertones. I would suggest a lighter lavender like Benjamin Moore's Organdy shown in this fresh looking foyer.
January 11, 2013 at 5:50AM     
More Discussions
Help pull our nursery together!!
So we finally have all the furniture in our nursery...
Retro kitchen
I'm trying to figure out the name of some retro colors...
Which do you prefer gas or electric stoves?
We were just having a discussion the other day with...
Help me finish decorating my dining room!!
I have already purchased table and 2 chairs along with...
Help Needed With Kitchen Faucet
Please suggest some faucets to go on our kitchen sink....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.