Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help me with my livingroom
8150foxy
January 9, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I recently renovated my living/kitchen area and my existing couch and loveseat seems too dark. I have a narrow but long livingroom and a sectional is difficult to fit in. Suggestions?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rluchinski
I don't know that they're too dark...I might even go darker! The arrangement of the furniture into a conversation grouping with the counter area to the side might be cozier... and perhaps a sofa table to the back of the sofa that we would be looking at....
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 7:27PM
abbshel
I don't think your couches are too dark either. I do think the coffee table looks too dark and boxy or heavy. Maybe a glass top coffee table and some lighter sofa pillows would be enough of a change.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 7:41PM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
I would definitely add a rug, perhaps a pale colored shag to lighten things up. If you can, I would shed the loveseat and acquire 2 chairs, placing one at each end of the sofa, or two at the near end.
Then the TV could go on the far wall, or perhaps you don't watch TV. Come on, fess up, where is the TV?
1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 7:52PM
PRO
Dytecture
One option is to have a chaise sofa with a chair in the foreground of the photo.

0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 7:57PM
Darzy
Your furniture isn't too dark. I agree to add an interesting area rug and a fab piece of art above the loveseat. If you can lose the loveseat, two chairs would be more interesting at each end of the coffee table. I love your floors and counter stools and great pendants! Looks nice. Great job! Here's a shag rug called "cookies and cream"...

1 Like   January 9, 2013 at 7:58PM
jenpa8
Looks like you're going with a more contemporary look so I would definitely dump those old loveseats. Get a round coffee table and 4 club chairs. Do a search on this site setup and you'll find a lot of pics. And you gotta do something with that brick surround, even if you just paint it charcoal gray.
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 7:58PM
angiesays
Your sofa's have earthtones that are similar to the brick on your fireplace wall. Could you choose a soft earthtone color that is harmonious to both and darken up the walls a bit?
0 Likes   January 9, 2013 at 7:59PM