Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Bedroom make over!
steph1994
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
im an 18 yr old female and i want to redo my room. here is what my room looks like. its 4metres by 3.8metres. the purple wall and the wall opposite that wall are the 4m walls.

i want a clean neat looking room. i was planning on buying a white double bed and spray painting my current wooden bedside table white to match (thoughts?). im unsure as to whether to keep the bookcase (pictured) or put wall shelves and a little floor book shelf. i also am unsure whether to get rid of the wooden desk i have (i probably have to get rid of one) and get a smaller white one that can double as a dressing table.
the chair i have is the blue one. the bookcase has a storage box connected.

what are your thoughts on furniture colouring based on wall colours and what you think i should do with desk and bookshelf. also any layout opinions would be great - THANKS!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
cena .y
blue and gray and green furniture are the best for your room. between the chairs the blue one you picked is the best.
the color of your bookcase isn't really good for the room if your desk and bed are the same color you should either change your bedrooms wall colors or you should pick them in lighter colors.light wood colors are excellent for your room.
i think the wall shelve and floor shelves are a great idea. you can decorate it with the stuff you like.
so here are the colors i think you should use: green-blue-gray-light wooden color-white.
but what ever you do don't choose your your surface of the desk as white because i did and i regret it
it does look good but you get really tired by working on it or using your laptop or other stuff
now i barely use it myself. i hope this helped.
January 10, 2013 at 1:58am   
charleee
Floating shelves are more modern than a bookcase and are really easy to install, and depending on your budget a floating desk will go nicely: [houzz=Floating Shelves 1]
[houzz=Floating Shelves 2]
[houzz=Lax Series Wall Mounted Desk by Mash Studios - No Longer available]
January 10, 2013 at 2:42am   
Nancy Hehmann
If you do choose a white desk, you can have a piece of plexiglass cut to fit the top so you don't scratch it or seal it with polyurethane. I think the blue chair and purple wall would look good together. But, if you are only doing purple as an accent wall, I would do antique white on the other walls and put wall art up to brighten it. Gray can get dreary.

Check out Etsy.com for some accessories. Just use their search engine. You can input whatever you like in it such as throw pillows, mirrors. Some people have inspirational sayings on plaques or vinyl peel offs. I like the shop that has a large black initial floating on glass. One shop has a bulletin board in a decorative frame. And I have a high def photography shop, nancyhehmann. Any selection can be customized to your needs with regard to size or if you prefer black or white. The sizes listed are for 8 in x 10 in. You could do 2 or three pics in a similar theme. I think high def photography is very uplifting. You can be any place you want to be in seconds in your mind. Awaken to visions of PEI, Hawaii, Paris, Venice or a cute cuddly llama or striking horse.

Have fun and Happy New Year!
January 10, 2013 at 6:13am   
steph1994
i already have the blue chair and the purple wall and the other furniture mentioned except for the white bed. i just want to update it so it looks cleaner and neater with more modernish furniture, thats why i was thinking white and getting rid of the desk and bookshelf and replace it with something smaller and white. but do those colour schemes go? is it yuck to have all white furniture? how do i dress it up? the other walls are a creamy white colour (not crazy about it, but doubt parents will let me paint it)
January 10, 2013 at 8:01pm