Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
My kichen
shellyvanboening
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My ceiling is pine , my cupboards are cherry. I'm stuck!what colors would look well for the walls? And tie it together for the living room and kitchen. Please help
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
jansseninteriors
The green color paint that I see is a good choice with cherry wood. The ceiling is beautiful and neutral. I don't see a "problem" in the kitchen, but you haven't explained kitchen countertops, backsplash or floors (or what colors you want in adjacent rooms). The paint color would normally be selected last, after those more permanent items which are missing.
January 10, 2013 at 4:04AM   
Natalie
Hi---agree with jansseninteriors, we need to know more about the space before offering paint colors. The current green is not bad, but it is not great either. Give us more details and we can suggest wall color.
January 10, 2013 at 4:18AM   
olldroo
There are many colours you could choose from but as jansseninteriors says you need to choose your countertops, backsplash and flooring first or are you looking at a total colour scheme before deciding on these items. I see you have some brown chairs but no idea what you have in other furniture. Do you want a warm or a cool colour scheme, do you want to keep to neutrals or do you want some gentle colour or serious colour, what colours do you like best? This is your home, you will be living in it so you really need to pull some ideas together for others to fine tune for you. Check photos on Houzz, for what makes you happy to get started.

And p.s. that green on the wall does look great with your timber.
January 10, 2013 at 4:19AM   
shellyvanboening
Thank u, the floors will be tile( pinwheel pattern in a neutral travertine . The countertops is quartz .the back splash , well what can I say! I haven't gotten that far :('. May just paint for awhile! I would like something light on the walls in the living room. They were painted baked bean. Looked good but the darker color absorbed to much light. I would like to tie in the living room, but I'm stuck ther too! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated . Ps the pictue is the counter top color. Thank u
January 10, 2013 at 4:21AM   
olldroo
Do you have any furniture colours to take into consideration?
January 10, 2013 at 4:23AM   
shellyvanboening
New furniture & carpet ! What a goodhusband! :) No clue to those yet! Haha! Stress level high on my part.havent had time . Thinkinking of dining room in green and kithen in bittersweet stem(taupe) what do u think?
January 10, 2013 at 4:45AM   
shellyvanboening
Ok I admit, I'm doing things a little backwards, but this is my first time! What can I say,, I'm trying to make a baclhlor pad into a home.
January 10, 2013 at 4:49AM   
PRO
The Creative Man
Try a shade of medium brown (rust) or a pumpkin color
January 10, 2013 at 5:32AM   
Natalie
HI---like what you've selected thus far. For wall color check these color chips---Sherwin Williams SW 7528 Windsor Greige, SW 6073 Perfect Greige---Ben Moore colors: Gray Huskie 1473 & Coventry Gray HC-169... All of these colors are compatible-as well as all the colors which are on the charts with these hues. Backsplash options. Hope you find this helpful. Good Luck!
[houzz=]
[houzz=Twin Oak][houzz=Living Room Gallery Wall][houzz=Sixteen Doors][houzz=Bergen Street Residence][houzz=New Product][houzz=W08 Grey Mist Quartzstone Brick Glass Mosaic][houzz=W34 Modular Black Metal & Glass Mosaic][houzz=W10 Grey Smoke Quartzstone Brick Glass Mosaic]
January 10, 2013 at 6:11AM   
apennameandthata
From what I can see of your house, things are going well so far. On my monitor the ceiling and cabinets do not clash and are talking to each other nicely. You are best off not having the same wood throughout a room as it would look too contrived. Do a mood board where you can see the colour and texture of all the surfaces in the two spaces. I wonder what the flooring is. You have much less choice with floor colours and floors are a big surface that people look at all the time. You have to include that.
January 10, 2013 at 6:32AM   
hmschoolmom
Love the colors of the countertop. Great compliment to the woods you chose.
Have you chose a flooring yet?
I'm a huge fan of neutral greens for the walls with wood tones, but grays would look nice too.
January 10, 2013 at 9:04AM