Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need ideas for thin back yard
Philip Stott-Wasson
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
The bird's eye view image below was taken from the sun terrace. As you can see, the garden area is small, thin and kind of shady. The property is on a steep hill. Just looking for some ideas to spruce this up a bit - the house is quite modernish house. Not too expensive options though!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Philip Stott-Wasson
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 5:38AM
AMN
I like your house! I think smaller yards are easier to turn into a welcoming, beautiful feature than big ones. You can maximize the impact resulting from decisions you make and money you spend. I recommend embarking on a lengthy exploration of photos (which it looks like you already have). Pick out details that you like from each and take notes.

I've isolated photos tagged as outdoor/yard/modern/narrow: http://www.houzz.com/photos/modern/outdoor/narrow-yard-

Before you embark on your exploration, come up with solid answers to the following 3 items:
1. Who will be using the outdoor space, and how will they use it?
2. Name three to five keywords that describe how you (and other household members) want to feel when you look at or use your outdoor space.
3. Your budget.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 5:49AM
Philip Stott-Wasson
thanks AMN, goods tips
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 5:51AM
tennisanyone
Your house is nice. I would get rid of the clothes line first and use a portable one if you really need it. I would do a seating area and maybe do one side in pavers for seating and keep the other side grass. On the deck, I would add some color in pillows and accessorises. and an outdoor rug with color. On the other side of the house where the door is, not sure if that is an entrance but I would add a bench with pillows.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 6:10AM
Philip Stott-Wasson
Yep, sorry I should have said, that clothes line is gone!
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 6:46AM
PRO
Legends Direct
All you need to spruce up this space is some great lighting. We provide very cool, modern oil lamps and tiki torches, along with strung globe lights and amazing fire pits! All our products can be found at affordable prices at www.coolbackyards.com! Add some seating and maybe an outdoor rug and create the perfect space. Checkout the pictures below to help generate some ideas, hope this helps!
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 7:51AM
More Discussions
Leaving room help needed.
looking to furnished my living room. I nned to small...
consuelomavridis
Dining room
What can I do to improve this space? I am reluctant...
Kelly Holt
need help with kitchen floor tile and backsplash! Please Help!
I am remodeling my kitchen and I have the cabinets...
emptynesterof2
Stair case Rail
Hi Everyone I just bought a house and wanna change...
Bfrantic
Help with paint in kitchen, backsplash in an out dated kitchen!
I can not change the counter tops, floor, or cabinets....
conig
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.