powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What configuration for floating shelves around mounted TV?
mara117
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We just mounted a 60" flat screen smack dab in the center of a blank wall in our living room (the left wall in my photo below). Most inspiration photos I see for wall-mounted TVs are in some kind of built in unit or above a fireplace--the fireplace was not an option due to its structure, and we can't afford a built in, so I'm searching for an alternative that will still look nice and finished.

I love the inspiration photo below and in this idea book (Ideabook: TV mount) and the use of floating shelves to add some visual interest to the wall. Our TV wall is about 13' long and I am not sure how to scale a media/console table and some floating shelves on either side.

Does anyone have suggestions for configurations/size of floating shelves (e.g. symmetrical on both sides of TV, staggered, etc.)? Also, what kind of media stand would look right in this long space?

Thank you for reporting this. Undo
mara117
Does anyone have any ideas about what configuration for floating shelves around the TV would look best on a large blank wall?
January 11, 2013 at 7:13AM   
PRO
Dytecture
Hi, do you have other views of the room so we can have a sense of what is happening at the other end?
January 11, 2013 at 7:43AM   
mara117
Sorry, I know these pictures aren't so helpful--I will have to take some more! All I have right now is the realtor photos. Here is a photo of the wall opposite the TV wall. The TV wall is just like that only with no window...

I will take a photo tonight of where the TV is mounted.
January 11, 2013 at 7:46AM   
Dar Eckert
The configuration in the inspiration photo would work. The console the full length or if there are doors on either end of the wall, leaving 6" to a foot distance to the door. Since your TV is mounted in the center of the wall a balanced scheme as in the photo would look nice.
January 11, 2013 at 8:04AM   
mara117
Thanks for your help! I like the idea of a low, long console that covers the length of that wall. Our ceilings are pretty tall, though, so I was thinking maybe 3 floating shelves on each side--I am trying to figure out if staggered or straight columns of shelves on each side would look better.
January 11, 2013 at 8:06AM   
mara117
Here is a photo of the wall...please excuse the many cords and dog toy :) You can see from the photo that we would need a pretty long console to cover those cords.
January 11, 2013 at 3:43PM   
More Discussions
Add a sound proof door for a home business
I would so appreciate suggestions on the best door...
Metalldetektor kaufen Metalldetektoren Metallsuchgeräte
Diese Seiten gehören dazu. www.innocis.de www.xpdeus.de...
Help pull this all together
Just received my couch and patterned chair w/ottoman...
Replacing front step
We need to replace our front step since it is cracked...
Need help with Medium Bathroom remodel. Tile or Granite
Bathroom is gutted, now I need to decide on the design....
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.