Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Living room furniture arragement/ media TV wall toy storage ideas
Ady O
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is our main gathering room in our house. The layout has always been challenging to me. We are working on an under the stairs storage that will allow us to mount the TV and put all the ugly electronics behind the wall. With that happening I need to decide on a family friendly furniture arrangement. We are not opposed to getting new furniture- couches, tables etc. The main uses of this room are TV watching and playing. We don't use the fire place (we're in TX) also the carpet is cut on an angle from the stairs to the short wall by the over sized chair, if that makes sense. Also, I want to paint the walls a nice grey-blue, color suggestions welcome too! Please help me with my first house :)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
decoenthusiaste
I'd float a sectional where the beige sofa is and would put a family game/snack table by the fireplace where the dark one is. Everyone here loves grey-blue so you can't go wrong with that.
2 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:41AM
readbetter
Nice space. I agree with the sectional so you can enjoy the fireplace. Then place shelves and tables around it. I see a big, handy shelf unit in the back. Would you consider a TV over the fireplace? If not, place it on the big shelving unit.
0 Likes   February 18, 2014 at 4:39AM
B Paton
Consider your sofa or a new one with (slimmer arms, less bulk) on the window wall with side tables and lamps. Buy a pair of slim armed less bulky chairs that will face each other flanking the sofa. Sell your leather loveseat & large chair. I would not be concerned about one of these chairs hiding a bit of the fireplace. You don't have a conversation area now, it is more of a waiting room with all the furniture pushed against the walls. I think you need to focus on storage for the wall backing the stairs and to the right of the fireplace. A very long console with doors, drawers or matching large baskets to hide all the things that are on your tall bookcase. Perhaps the large toy sets in the corner could go in your child's bedroom? When kids go to bed, it is nice to have a room for adults to enjoy. Kids play with a select few toys, if you limit it to one basket and rotate their selection once a week, they are content. Keep the rest of their toys elsewhere. If your mirror is not reflecting niceness, move it. Photos attached for storage ideas. Pick your paint colour LAST!
0 Likes   February 18, 2014 at 7:47AM