Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
How to use colours
lorifritz
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
We are renovating our condo by the water. I really like these colors from Benjamin Moore: Lemon Sorbet 2019-60, Tranquil Blue 2051-50, Stratton Blue HC-142. I have attached some pictures of the living room, dining room, and kitchen. We are really wanting to bring the outdoor colors in and brighten it up. Any suggestion where they should go in the rooms? Example wall colors decor accessories.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mmilos
Nice space!

Since it's all pretty much open, I would instead do a consistent, more neutral color thoughout - perhaps just variations in shades between the rooms.

But, for those colors you picked, I would paint the kitchen Stratton Blue, Tranquil blue in the living room and lemon sorbet in the dining room.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 10:42AM
houssaon
Is this your furniture?
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 10:45AM
lorifritz
Yes this is our furniture, we have add a smokey brown recliner since
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 10:51AM
PRO
SkylA Interiors
I agree, nice place. Where did you get those dining chairs (slippers chairs)? I love it.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 10:53AM
decoenthusiaste
I'd do a light neutral greige throughout the living/kitchen/dining and then use blue and yellow for a pop with the accessories. Blue walls might be nice in the edrom, with more yellow..
Millneck Showhouse
Living Areas
Edwina Drummond Interiors
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 10:54AM
lorifritz
I found the dining room chairs online at Costco
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:00AM
houssaon
I like the wall colors you have now, but if you change use the Stratton Blue in all three rooms.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:04AM
PRO
SkylA Interiors
Thanks!

Lemon Sorbet for Dining Room, Tranquil Blue for the Living Room and Stratton Blue for the kitchen. Also, add throw pillows, and rugs like cow rug for the living room and flokati rug for dining table.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:04AM
jansseninteriors
Yellow on the walls, blue in accessories. If you use blue on the walls, then you won't see the water view. If you use yellow accessories with white-ish furniture, then everything will appear to be off-color.
1 Like   January 10, 2013 at 2:40PM
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I love your place. Blues are a great answer to bring the outdoors in because your high enough up to pukk sky blue as well as water blues.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 2:44PM
Norma Sassone
Your furniture is lovely. Pick a color for some cushions on that great couch, maybe a striped area rug mostly neutral but with one stripe of color like your cushions. I think the bar chair should be backless stools because they are encroaching into your dining space.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 8:33PM
Zaiton Husin
I think I wouldn't use blue in the interior but would use colours of plants which normally blend in with the blue of tha water and the sky, thus colours like lemon sorbet, lemon green, etc would fit in well
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 2:09AM
inkwitch
jannseninteriors made a pertinent comment. Few homes have enough ext. view to interact with the interior. Test colors on the walls before you commit. Your lighting will change the tones. Light colors will make the space look larger. I can't envision a bulky recliner in this space!
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 3:19AM
lorifritz
The recliner isn't bulky it kind of feels to small to me, but hopefully once everything is put together it will feel right. Thanks for all the ideas!
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 11:59AM
PRO
Matthew Craig Interiors
I would bring all of those colors together in art, pillows, rugs, lighting....I would paint in brighter neutrals with warmer undertones. I would make most of the upholstery in that same neutral as the walls. The place will look amazing, bright and very open.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 11:08PM
PRO
Matthew Craig Interiors
just add your color like in this room. You could add even more color if you wanted.
1 Like   January 14, 2013 at 11:12PM
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.