Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
powder room colors
Jennifer Ennis
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Preparing my house for sale and need to update the small, awkwardly shaped powder room. It has thick chair rail and is painted white below. Should I keep it white below the chair rail and color suggestions for above. Located in tiny hallway between Dining Room which is a mushroom taupe color (looks gray in this photo but really more brown/tan) and kitchen is slate blue. The family room which opens to kitchen/breakfast is slate gray.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
AMN
I think white below looks fine. The only other suggestion I would say is to pick the darkest color from above the chair rail and apply it below.
January 10, 2013 at 1:39PM     
PRO
Frank Webb's Bath and Lighting Center
If you are going to be selling the house go for something neutral, I see the mirror frame is gold so maybe something in a warmer brown or beige tone, you may want to re-paint the kitchen to something more neutral as well, blue is one of those colors people either love or hate
January 10, 2013 at 1:43PM   
judianna20
Keep it white; it looks nice and clean. I am a big fan of wall paper in powder rooms and your wall paper and mirror is very appealing. Nice Job. Just a thought…remove the little stand and the extra t-paper when you show it.
January 10, 2013 at 1:43PM     
Natalie
Hi---Looks just fine for showing... :)
January 10, 2013 at 1:45PM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
I agree it looks very exceptable for showings.
January 10, 2013 at 1:47PM   
Tammy Sprinkle
I agree with AMN. That was my first thought also. It will be elegant and look like a whole new bathroom. The colors in the wallpaper go so nicely with the fixtures you chose.
January 10, 2013 at 1:57PM   
More Discussions
Quartz or granite????
I am remodeling my small kitchen. What are the pros...
Need Help - Appliance Recommendations?
I'm remodeling my kitchen and would like to know if...
Exterior color?
We have painted on three colors on our exterior. Please...
Server/buffet
I want to get a server/buffet for my dining room but...
bedroom entry double doors.
I have a craftsman style home and redoing the MB and...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.