Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
what other colors can i add here?
galinamoroz
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
what colors would go with my living room walls and curtains. all im going to keep for now is the call color and curtains.. selling my sofas and cant decide if i should get gray or beige once. need help with a rug and pillows. and artwork.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
galinamoroz
one more picture. does a fireplace need more color?
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 8:14PM
colorkat3
I think the fireplace and that wall color are gorgeous. Are you wanting a monotone look? Also do you want contemporary or traditional styling? Either way, furniture with legs will help the room feel more open.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 8:29PM
heatherd1968
Hi. I think the curtains are lovely, but the ones in the picture of the fireplace are too short. Can you lower the rail a little?
I think a modern sectional sofa will look great. You are lucky to have so much natural light. Get a sofa first as they are the hardest thing to buy and then pick up a much bigger rug. Either gray or beige sofa will tie in nicely with your curtains.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 8:37PM
galinamoroz
yes the curtains do need some fixing! my mom is going to unfold the bottom.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:21PM
heatherd1968
What color are the walls? Gray or beige. It's hard to tell exactly.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:43PM
galinamoroz
they are bluish greenish.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:50PM
galinamoroz
the mirror is not going to be staying there either...
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 9:51PM
heatherd1968
Ok. So once you get your gray sofa you will want to make it pop. I've attached a few pics of color schemes that I think would look great in your room.
As you will see, I'm thinking orange or yellow for cushions art work and vases etc.
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:36PM
Manon Floreat
You can use your fireplace to help inform your color palette. It's quite nice. I'd go with taupe (more grey than brown) for the sofa and cream for the arm chairs. Accents with coral and apricot would repeat some of the color variation in your stone fireplace. I would definitely look into replacing the fandelier. A semi-flush drum would support your contemporary leanings and a no nonsense tone on tone area rug would underline them

0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:48PM
Harrut
Hi
I might not be looking in the right place but where is your fireplace?
Anyway that said your home is set near lots if trees from the photo I can see... Have you thought about embracing features in soft furnishings from nature?
I enclose two photos. One being a cushion and the other a picture u liked on Houzz .
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:51PM
Harrut
Ps.. Read from a picture I liked....(!)
0 Likes   January 10, 2013 at 11:53PM
PRO
Shanghai Linfeng Parquet CO.,LTD
I think the color with sofa should be matched your hardwood flooring,beige color will be better,furniture color and flooring color will be similar and favorable.For pillow on the sofa,the white color is alright for you ?
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 12:59AM
PRO
Committed Photography, Inc.
Here are a few art pieces to take a look at. Let us know what you think. Everything is custom built so you are able to specify the size you need as well as your preference in framing, and material. Enjoy!
http://www.committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/4480
http://www.committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/358
http://www.committedphotography.ca/photos/frame/2947
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 4:25AM
galinamoroz
The picture of a fireplace is bellow. To be honest I'm trying to avoid the woods that I live in. But do love the post.
Shanghai what do you mean if I'm ok with white pillows are you talking about adding them or the lighter once I have?
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 9:56AM
npbchlvr
love the wall color and the drapes..... it seems from the photos that the drapes have some shimmer. What about picking a color from that shimmer to glam things up as pillow and chair accent. Soft cream or white chair with a grey sofa would be lovely along with shimmery accents if you like a glam look. And that starburst on the mantle.... thought about hanging it somewhere? It gets lost on the mantle... That kind of look would be great with the pendant drum posted above!
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 10:29AM
galinamoroz
yes thats what i was thinking too about the starburst but everyone i asked liked it. but im thinking about putting it above my bed in my masters so i have to think of something to put there. can not find anything that would pop!
are you saying that i should change the fan to a pendant drum, i would love to do that but we have a fan there because of the fireplace it moves the heat to the other rooms
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 10:42AM
npbchlvr
consider a more contemporary fan/light then? to replace the starburst, how about a rectangularr mirror with a silvery frame? might make the fireplace stand out even more.... and it is beautiful...or a couple of accent vases in a coral color?
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 10:54AM
More Discussions
Best Dishwasher?
Have you tried different kinds or brands of dishwashers?...
Need help with master bedroom!
The headboard wall is painted black fox by SW and the...
Please help me pick splash back and paint
I have just got a new kitchen fitted the cabinets are...
Kitchen Nook Ideas
Hello! Can I have some ideas for this nook area? The...
Backsplash for busy granite
What type of backsplash goes best with busy, flowy...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.