Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Kitchen help...
Gwen H
January 10, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Not sure if its the way I've organized, lack of space or just the layout. The fridge and back door are to the right of the breakfast bar which makes going in and out with groceries etc a tight squeeze. These are pictures from before I moved in. I've added a painting over the breakfast bar and two bar stools.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
Darzy
Can't see the refrigerator. Is it in another room? It looks like you don't have a work triangel. Try to create a work space triangle. You may need to eliminate the breakfast bar. Is there a table elsewhere close by?
January 10, 2013 at 10:26PM   
rluchinski
Ohhh, this is a tiny space to work with. What is it that you'd like to work on? Colour, decor, or a renovation to change layout?
January 11, 2013 at 5:03AM   
Gwen H
Layout/organization
January 11, 2013 at 6:07AM   
Dar Eckert
Can you do a diagram of the floor plan? From what I see you need to move the frig to the breakfast bar location. Turn the range 90 degrees so the back is to the white panel and mount the microwave over it. Get a small butcherblock or table next to the range that will be used for a breakfast bar and counter for the range. Add open shelves to the right of the range under the small hanging cabinet.
January 11, 2013 at 6:39AM   
rluchinski
Yes, a floor plan would be helpful. I am not sure what the possibiities are for this room as there are a lot of doors and windows that seem to chop up the space. If it were my kitchen I would want to get all the cabinets and stove in the same area to make a convenient work space then have the eating area away. Is there a separate dining room? If so I would focus on making this space solely for cabinets and appliances, perhaps with an area of counter dedicated to some stools and a lip on the counter to accommodate a casual eating spot.
January 12, 2013 at 5:23AM   
PRO
Dytecture
Agreed with a floor plan or rough sketch so we can understand how the space is currently being used.

Not crazy about where the stove is located all by itself !
January 12, 2013 at 7:12AM   
Gwen H
Here are some more pictures to help
January 16, 2013 at 1:45PM   
Gwen H
View from basement steps
January 16, 2013 at 1:45PM   
Gwen H
We are considering knocking down the wall between kitchen and dining room to expand the kitchen. Do you think it would be worth it or is there a way to rearrange the current kitchen to make it more functional
January 16, 2013 at 1:49PM   
More Discussions
Lighting for entryway
Would like suggestions for appropriate lighting for...
need help choosing a white paint for cabinets
I am building a new home and want white cabinets (and...
Should I Paint My Cabinets White?
Our kitchen needs an update, we are considering changing...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Updating Door?
Hello We would like to update / make this door look...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.