Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need ideas for this room!!!!
dmotti
January 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Just moved into our new home a few months ago and I am still struggling with our living room. Any ideas on what could make this a more cozy, comforting, welcoming type of room?? Also, any ideas on window treatments for the bay window would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Inspired Interiors
A nice big rug with pattern/texture with a little bit of color will make this space feel very cozy. As for the windows I would do something like a relaxed roman shade or any fabric shade like this - http://www.theshadestore.com/landing/roman-shades
You have a good amount of pillows on the sofa but it would be nice to see some variety - texture, color, pattern.
Swap out these lamps for new table lamps with color to match the rug. Maybe bring in some soft pale blues. Also matching table on each side of the sofas would look great as well. On the adjacent wall add some artwork or collage of family pictures. Hope this helps!
January 11, 2013 at 11:56AM   
PRO
Interiors International, Inc.
A rug and roman shades
January 11, 2013 at 11:58AM   
dmotti
thanks for the ideas...the problem is, we already have faux wood blinds on the windows on the adjacent wall, so I don't know if I would want to put roman shades on the bay window, because it would look weird together. I was thinking of just going faux wood blinds on the two outside windows of the bay window and then maybe doing a curtain all the way across (even though I do not like curtains!!!)
January 11, 2013 at 1:42PM   
dmotti
And does anyone know of a way to restore my ottoman? It is 100% real suede, but it is very stained and I was thinking of reupholstering it but it's way too pricey. Any other thoughts??
January 11, 2013 at 1:44PM   
bupshill
The ottoman sounds like it would need to be professionally cleaned by a company that specializes in cleaning leather. Realistically, the stains may not come out. Have you thought of slip covering it in a fabric? A rug is needed, something to bring in color, and pattern. do you have a picture of the faux wood blinds?
January 11, 2013 at 1:59PM   
Norma Sassone
Drapes to the ceiling all the way across the window that can be opened for the bay window section and clsoed at night. Blue and tan accessories and rug.
January 11, 2013 at 2:11PM   
Norma Sassone
rest of stuff
January 11, 2013 at 2:12PM     
Norma Sassone
or maybe a rug with less green and a curvy pattern
January 11, 2013 at 2:14PM   
PRO
Arranged To Sell, LLC
That is a tough window! Where you already have the blinds you probably can't do the roman shades but, I do love that idea. I like the idea of drapes that you can close if you need to. They would need to be custom otherwise you'll have many panels on the rod, unless you can sew.

Adding different throw pillows and an area rug will define the space more. I wish I could see the other wall across from the couch. Possibly trying another layout of furniture and balance the couch with end tables. Good luck!
January 11, 2013 at 2:31PM