Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
please suggest good entry way pieces for a feng shui feel
shannel
January 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
my door is a burgundy red color. i like the tile but was wondering should i cover it with a throw rug. I also thought about adding a slim table against the left wall. do i hang mirrors on the left wall or pics? my home goal is to have a feng shui feel
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
onthefence
I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a Feng Shui 'feel'. My understanding is that certain items are added to cure the Feng Shui of a particular area depending on which portion of the house the area is in and which direction it faces.

I'd be interested to hear from someone really familiar with the principals.
January 11, 2013 at 4:55PM   
orangecamera
January 11, 2013 at 6:25PM     
PRO
Montgomery Communications
Hey Shannel -- i love your taste. I went and looked at your photos here, and it looks like you are attracted to the pared down Japanese Zen feel. Which is terrific.

why not hang some rice paper screens on the wall, some that look like these: Shoji Screens

A mirror would lighten up the entryway -- do you like this one ?
Aqua "Bamboo" Mirror

or Bamboo-Look Mirror
they have the japanese/asian thene you like. :-)

a pair of these on either side would be terrific http://www.asianinspiredhomedecor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/asian-inspired-wall-sconces.jpg

on the opposite was, something simple and striking such as this might finish it off http://homeasiandecor.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/a/s/asian_calligraphy_passion-51728_1.jpg

hope this gives you some useful ideas!

trust yourself, and learn to find what you like. your ideabooks are terrific.
January 11, 2013 at 6:53PM     
shannel
onthefence, you can simply google "feng shui" for a better understanding for yourself.
January 12, 2013 at 8:06AM     
shannel
Montgomery Communications, thank you so much for your input! I love the shoji screens!! are you suggesting putting them on the wall to the left?? of the entry way?
January 12, 2013 at 8:08AM   
PRO
Montgomery Communications
on the larger part of the wall. on the left, is what i am thinkin' :-)
January 12, 2013 at 7:56PM     
TanCalGal
I'd add an oriental-style runner.

The entry is not very wide. I would not add table that could stop energy flow.
January 12, 2013 at 8:41PM     
orangecamera
You don't want to stop the energy flow, but you do want to slow it. Feng Shui calls for curving paths for that reason. The hallway is pretty narrow for a table, but how about a carpet runner with wavy lines?
January 13, 2013 at 3:36AM     
orangecamera
Here's the URL for the 2nd one, I think it would work better than the first one: http://www.domesticmodern.com/beige-wool-rug-with-wavy-stripes.aspx
January 13, 2013 at 3:37AM   
Nadia Janu
Totally agree with your suggestion.. Very nice post and good information here..Thanks for posting that.. http://teavdrama.com/
February 1, 2013 at 5:32AM   
PRO
Feng Shui Tips
Well, i'm a feng shui consultant and this photo shows a place where you really need Feng Shui touch.
First of all it is important to know which part of your house is . The entrance? Where is it? North? East? It is easy to check with a compass. The colors are relationed with the orientation.
I really suggest some lights in the wall or in the ceiling, and some pictures on the wall....that reduce the way of the chi...because right now all the energy run away fron this place.

If you check with a compass the door orientation I could send more Feng ShuinTips.
February 1, 2013 at 6:23PM     
shannel
i will do this asap and let you know feng shui tips, i just dowloaded the phone compass app.. was totally happy they had one!!!
March 9, 2013 at 6:31PM   
shannel
feng shui tips, my entrance is north.
March 9, 2013 at 6:40PM   
PRO
Feng Shui Tips
Sorry for the delay, If your entrance is north please keep on mind the carpets or floor with curves in colors blue, black or metal colors. Use little metal bells in each doors and install more light in order to generate more yang energy in this entrance. I can't see how is the stair impact over the main door. This is a very important point!! Please check it out :)
April 24, 2013 at 6:26AM   
More Discussions
Need help redesigning this blue bathroom
Please help suggest how we can give this bathroom a...
Design help for nursery
This room would be a "future" nursery. All furniture...
Granite seam MAKING ME ANGRY :( can it be improved?
just had granite installed today and the seam is pretty...
Kitchen redesign help
I'm open to suggestions for updating this kitchen and...
Curb Appeal Needed!
New Home: We just removed several trees and bushes...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.