Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
What to do with this room?....
pco2569
January 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
From paint colors to drapes for doors....there is a gas line for fireplace where TV is...
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
pco2569
There is a matching chair to furniture on blank wall under picture..
January 11, 2013 at 9:32pm   
pco2569
We'd like to hang the TV..
January 12, 2013 at 12:46am   
charleee
You could hang the tv where the picture and shelf are now, and get a nice console to put under it for all the a/v equipment. Jasper TV Console with Two Audio Cabinets

Also, an area rug in front of the sofa will make a softer landing for the little one! Cheshire Area Rug I
Tranquility Area Rug, Paprika
Moda Area Rug
January 12, 2013 at 2:28am     
orangecamera
Yes, an area rug will help define the space, too. Make it a large one. Pull the furniture away from the walls, and have at least the front legs of your furniture on the rug.
January 12, 2013 at 4:34am     
pco2569
Thanx for input!...back of picture wall is yhe kitchen (stove) though..
January 12, 2013 at 4:35am   
olldroo
Are those double doors your front entrance? Assuming so, it would be nice to create the effect of a foyer. Can you move the lounge with the chaise to the kitchen wall and put some low shelving along the chaise to divide the foyer from the lounge. Then move the lounge under the mirror to where the chaise lounge is now and put the TV where the mirror is with an entertainment unit like Bobbi suggests.

Being the king of klutzes, I am cringing at that exposed shelf and counting bruises, but the lounge under it could keep it safe.

It doesn't look like the room gets much light so you would need soft colour on the walls. Is that a dining room going off the lounge area? You would have to take that into consideration when choosing colours.

So far the room is quite plain so I am thinking a large bold patterned area rug would lift the room and then paint the other room in that colour - example in orange

[houzz=Orange and Green Living Room]

[houzz=Family Room with Brown Sofa]
January 12, 2013 at 5:01am     
pco2569
The double doors lead to the back patio...I did get a bold area rug..off to the side is more of a "breakfast nook". I have a bar there..I will post pics soon.
Thanks again for the help..looking forward to hearing more!
February 6, 2014 at 12:43am   
Kevin Strader
Paint would provide the most immediate change to the feel of the space. Looks like you have a fairly neutral palate of colors. Here are some ideas. I agree that an area rug would help to anchor and define the space.
February 6, 2014 at 6:15am     
pco2569
Thanx so much!...amazing how painting a wall can make such a big difference
February 7, 2014 at 1:36am   
PRO
Creatively Yours Custom Inc.
I like the paint idea photos for you. In looking at window treatments, I would create for you a relaxed pleat pair of curtains that would mount out on the walls to either side of the door opening far enough out so when open they would clear the door and could be closed for privacy and warmth. Fabric always warms a room. I also notice that you can see the eating area from the family room so I would put coordinating top treatments over the windows in that area.
February 7, 2014 at 6:03am     
More Discussions
Layout for Blank Slate
We have put in an offer on a smaller house, and I would...
This or That: Nonstick VS Stainless Steel
Which do you prefer? Vote for your choice below...
front
Home front look in 20 fitt with garrage..
In your Easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it...
Our dear Houzz Mark, has created me two new Easter...
How many Pot lights and location
I need some advice. My wife and I have a new construction...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.