Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
House Plans-front elevation view
tlmauck
January 11, 2013 in Design Dilemma
My husband and I are planning to build a house and cannot decide on the front exterior look. Opinions with explanations would be greatly appreciated! Here are the pictures of our three choices:
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tlmauck
Need Help!
0 Likes   January 11, 2013 at 11:28PM
PRO
Dytecture
I see there is another post with this dilemma and why it's a difficult decision.

Personally I would pick either the option on the left or right, but leaning towards the right side as it is a bit understated and more in scale with the rest of the house.
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 6:54AM
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
I have to agree with Dytecture here. I would rule out the middle one. It is the least successful. I agree that the one on the right is more understated and in balance. I also like the one on the left if you prefer something a bit more 'grand' as it has that presence. Please consider how it fits in the setting. That may help you choose between number one and number three. Number one might be too ostentatious in some neighborhoods or a perfect fit in others!
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 7:13AM
PRO
TJP Designs and Construction LLC
They all seem fine, but the elevation on the right seems to accentuate the hip style roof more! Have you considered the look of four light mullions in the upper sashes, in lieu of 9?
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 7:40AM
More Discussions
Need help with curtain and pillow selection.
I want to change the curtains, and I need advice on...
master rooom
i want to adjust bed room, bathroom, dressing rooom,...
Help w new area rug / patterned curtain challenge
I recently purchased a more suitable sized sofa and...
Need advice for dining/living room area - L shaped.
Live in FL; color palette changed a couple yrs. ago...
How to light this dining room?
When I look on Houzz at Dining Room lighting, very...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.