powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Place looks plain. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
kjkoutsouros
January 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I would like any ideas on what I can add or do to make the place look better.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kjkoutsouros
The coffee table you see by the window wouldn't work with the couch and not much space between the couch and tv as it is. I did have wall art but doesn't go good in my place.
January 12, 2013 at 12:54am   
nirmalpriya
In dining space on the left wall you can place a big bright painting/picture. A big clock will go well on the wall back to sofa. also you can add green plants at the corners.
January 12, 2013 at 1:05am   
kjkoutsouros
Thank you for your input. Do you know of any good website for buying paintings?
January 12, 2013 at 1:59am   
charleee
Are you renting or buying? I would change the light over the dining table, it's dated and hung too high. I like your rug and sofa, very nice. Perhaps you could paint the walls a warmer color? Also, the rug under the dining table is too narrow. If you were to get a wider one you would avoid the chair 'half-on' 'half-off' problem.
January 12, 2013 at 2:16am   
kjkoutsouros
I am renting so i can't change the light but I agree it looks dated. Thank you for the advice. I was looking at paintings and now I will also look for another rug online. I was also thinking of getting a table runner.
January 12, 2013 at 2:27am     
charleee
A table runner is a great idea! Perhaps your landlord will change the light for you, that's the best part about renting! If not, you could modernize it by hanging strands of small, transluscent beads from it. I love how neat and clean you keep your place, good job.
January 12, 2013 at 2:31am   
corinne_silliker
You definitely could use some colour. Even if you are renting you can add some accents. Pillows, curtains, art. The light fixture could have a large drum surrounding the fixture. It would update it and hide it. For a table runner, look for solid placemats and line them down the center of your table. Inexpensive art can be found by purchasing art posters on line or keep your eyes open at thrift stores.
January 12, 2013 at 4:03am   
rluchinski
I agree. There is a LOT of white wall here, including the 5th wall (ceiling). Have fun with colour! Buy a big artwork that you love and hand it on the big wall by the table, then pull the colours out of it to work with. Have fun! I wouldn't sweat the light fixture. There are some good ideas for updating it. If you get the rest of the room working the light fixture won't stand out so much....
January 12, 2013 at 6:15am   
rluchinski
Found this on artGalore.ca just as an example.... Pull a creamy wall colour from here and use greens and yellows for accents.
January 13, 2013 at 4:58am   
rluchinski
Or for something more serious.... there are wonderful possibilities in these prints from the Group of Seven collection.... also artGalore.ca
January 13, 2013 at 5:02am   
More Discussions
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
bought recycled kitchen. Am I really saving money?
Bought recycled kitchen at Green Demolitions in Fairfield,...
Need help for yucky space under backyard deck.
We blew our budget on a beautiful deck, but now the...
Please help me tie my room together!
Hi everyone! I've been decorating my living room and...
Need help for designing a new home
Double storeyed. The area in mind for one floor is...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.