Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Dining room decor ideas
halliegirl75
January 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Here is another area I want to change. It is a fairly new piece for me in the DR and I need help decorating it. Tray? Bowl? I have a hard time changing seasonal items since I already do this w a bowl on my kitchen table. Having a crazy career and 3 little kids makes finding time to decorate a tad limited. I do plan on a light tan/ khaki trellis rug under the table. Ignore the hideous chandelier.....it's a rental and I haven't changed it out since we are moving yet again.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
Scott's Creative Home
Notice how the black compote or vessel is oversized and dominates the buffet mirror. The metal tea light tree disappears in the mirror. Adding some sutle color will draw the eye and not get post in the mirror. Try a pair of candlesticks,along with a decorative box. Adding a floral or some greenery can bring a space to life.
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 4:59AM
rluchinski
I will upload a pic of my buffet. I love my antique dining furniture which was my Grandmothers. Your pieces are gorgeous! My photo is a bit on the dark side. Hope you can view it okay. I will also add pics of the rest of the room for fun. This room needs work too (esp my window area-yuck) but I am pretty comfortable with it overall.
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 5:41AM
halliegirl75
Scott. You are spot on with my esthetic. I will look for a box and a pair of candle sticks. I was thinking of adding a little blue in this room and maybe I can accomplish that with those accessories and draperies. My thought was to add burlap panels too, but maybe I can get a little blue in a rug to coord. w the objects. I also want new chairs with linen fabric. Did you see my other post for help decorating my antique record cabinet? I'd love your input.
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 6:10AM
jjandhk
I think I might start out with a beautiful "dresser scarf"--a crochet, or silk, or linen? That will really set off any accessories you place on top of it.
Then, I would think about the accessories on top in sets of 3--large, medium, small-- for example: 1 large "birdcage thingy" that's on the floor, 2 med. candlesticks, and a small decorative box.
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 6:55AM