powered by
Design Dilemma
Design Dilemma

Need to update bedroom furniture

grandma88January 12, 2013
I' planning on keeping my traditional bedroom furniture but would like a more current look. I thought that changing the hardware would be a good start. So now I need to know where to look for replacements and what would be a more updated look.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hardware won't do it for you and, depending on the age of the suite. even the holes may not match up to what is on the market today. I think you'd be better off to update the room colors, drapery style, etc and work with the furniture as is. You could also sell it on Craigslist and buy something hew and up to date. I would try to sell it before resorting to something as drastic as painting it. It looks to be good quality and should bring a fair price if in good condition. If you still want to try check out Restoration Hardware.
    Bookmark   January 12, 2013 at 5:37PM
Sign Up to comment
Related Discussions
Master Bedroom Update
My master bedroom needs an update, it's been 10 years...
Margaret B
Need help with Master Bedroom furniture placement
We have lived in our 1920 farmhouse for 15 years. I...
Need help with bedroom furniture renovation!
What to do?? Would love any ideas....
Rachel Goldman
Trying to update master bedroom
My husband and i recently inherited his mother's house....
Need Help With Master Bedroom Furniture/Theme.
I am venturing down the path of redecorating all of...
More Discussions
Lighting bathroom help
I have a vanity and a makeup vanity across from each...
Furniture placement with off centered fireplace in a sunken living roo
When you walk into our house and turn to your right...
Jen Larson
HELP - Bring exterior to the 21st century!
We recently purchased this 1960's ranch fixer-upper....
new bathroom
Would like to have a soaking tub as well as a steam...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.