Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Window treatment for dinning room
gracezhou
January 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is how our dinning room looked before we moved in. Now it has dark brown-creamy area rug, dark brown reddish dinning table, red tone oil painting on the big wall, etc. would like to add the window treatment ( red panels probably) but don't know how to deal with the upper part of the window. Will it look wired if just leaving it alone? Do you recommend a valance for the square part or just the panels? Thanks a bunch for all suggestions!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bwinn
This is a very lovely space! I am not a designer but what about treating all the windows as one and adding a high rod above the top windows and running long panels down each side? It would be pretty impactful but this is an impactful space.
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 4:31PM
gracezhou
Thanks bwinn I think that's a great idea. Surprisingly I've never thought about it! Only the panel would be too long (13 feet above) that I'll have to customize it. Definitely an option!
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 4:51PM
PRO
Julie Thome Draperies, Inc.
I'm sure there is a big echo in there right now? Agree with bwinn, long and full panels, at least 2 1/2 widths of fabric each, hung on a 2" diameter wooden rod about a foot higher than the high point of the window. Fabric in the drapes and a rug will cozy up the space.
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 4:57PM
dcer
I agree with Bwinn. You can buy some pretty neutral panels as long as you can find them off the shelf, then sew a strip of contrasting fabric along the bottom to tie in you accent colours, add visual interest, and save money!
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 4:59PM
PRO
JMittman Designs
Color blocked panels are nice, but I agree with Julie--you must have full draperies on these windows.A 13 foot tall window that wide is not a window you can throw store bought single panels on. They would look like 13 foot ribbons hanging on your window. Consult a professional in your area and get it done right. You won't regret it.
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 5:55PM
bwinn
Right, they would probably have to be custom if that works for you. Only one window though!
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 6:15PM
decoenthusiaste
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 6:45PM
gracezhou
Thanks for all the inputs! Now I'm totally sold for a pair of full tall panels. What about the colors? More neutral or more reddish color? The wall is painted bone white, so I thought I could used some color on the curtain. But maybe neutral color is safer...
0 Likes   January 12, 2013 at 7:20PM
houssaon
If you can find a print that combinds the colors you have now in the rug and the painting, I would gowith a print. A neutral color that is close to the color of the rug or the walls would also work, but I would look for a fabulous print first. Great space!
1 Like   January 12, 2013 at 7:28PM
More Discussions
Every house deserves a name
Does your house have one? Would you like it to? Please...
Laminate issue.
Hi there, Sorry this may be a repeated message. I'm...
Ideas for master/bath
I have an arched doorway from master to bathroom suite...
Almost finished with remodel of bathroom; problem with rough edges
Had a plumber/tile pro install tile shower pan, subway...
Help I'm obsessed with BEIGE
I feel like my living room is too beige and boring....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.