Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Murun
murun
January 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi all, valances above my kitchen and breakfast nook windows? If yes, what kind and color please help!!
Thank you!!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
Hmmm! I think you will hear agreement to change the blinds for fabric romans on an inside mount rather than valances over the current white. You need to work with your banquette color whatever you do.
January 12, 2013 at 7:34pm     
murun
Thank you!!
January 12, 2013 at 8:00pm   
Celena Garcia
I couldnt help to notice your kitchen island. I loved it! Im looking for one for my kitchen at this time. Do you know where i can see more pics of it more closely like maybe online or something. I'd really like to see an up close pic of it because i need ideas for a kitchen island, thank you.
January 13, 2013 at 8:54pm     
Darzy
Agree with decoenthusiaste's suggestion. I think the table would look best without the leaf in.
January 13, 2013 at 8:58pm     
Darzy
On my screen, the wall color is a bit pinky and isn't working with the backslash/cabinets. A yellowy/ochre may look better? Wall color?....

January 13, 2013 at 8:59pm   
jccbaker
An easy way to make valances: pick fabric you like. If the window is 48" wide, buy fabric 96" long (approx). Sew one end and sides (like a pillow case). Sew seam across top to make casing for the rod. Now stuff it with all those WalMart bags you've been saving because you might need them. Sew up the other end (not the casing opening) and thread onto curtain rod.
January 13, 2013 at 9:11pm     
murun
Thank so much for all your comments and suggestions. Yes, table will look wonderful without leaf once my kids get little bigger. Yes, my wall color paint look bit pinkish especially on this picture, i don't remember exact paint color name. I started looking for roman shade for my windows...
January 13, 2013 at 10:31pm   
murun
@Celena, thank you for your nice comment about my island. We remodeled an existing tiled island added a large granite counter top. I put some pictures that you can see.
January 13, 2013 at 10:45pm   
Celena Garcia
Your kitchen is very similar to mine. The layout and even the cabinets , prior to your remodeling, look very similar. I LOVE your new kithen style. Thanks for posting your before and after photos. I really appreciate it! You totally opened up my imagination for when I start remodeling mine.
January 14, 2013 at 10:21am     
murun
@Celena, you are welcome! Good luck for your remodeling your kitchen.
January 14, 2013 at 10:58am