Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Help in deciding a good brown for bathroom cabinets to go w/ light grey walls
lisagold38
January 12, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm looking at Benjamin Moore Nimbus 1465 for my bathroom walls. The ceiling will be Benjamin Moore Light Pewter 1464. I am also using brushed nickle fixtures. I want the bathroom to have a serene feel to it.

I currently have white cabinets and want to paint them a nice brown. I have looked at these brown Benjamin Moore colors: Mink (2112-10), Brown Sugar (2112-20), Bear Creek (1470), North Creek Brown (1001) and Branchport Brown (HC-72). Not sure if any of these are the right brown?

I want to use the same brown cabinet color for the frame around the mirror as well.

My floor tile will be a 18 x 18 San Michele Dorato cut placed on the diagonal.

The shower walls will be 12 x 24 San Michele vein cut and they will be placed staggered. Both of these tiles are cool/warm colors of browns and greys.

There will also be 4 rows of an accent tile in the shower that has warm and cool colors of browns, greys, golds, green greys, and white.

There is a large window in the bathroom over the garden tub so the room gets some nice light. The counter tops will be granite in the color of St. Cecilia Classic. Any suggestions for the bathroom cabinet color would be much appreciated!
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 8:27PM
PRO
World Contracting LLC
0 Likes   January 14, 2013 at 8:36PM
lisagold38
Nice color - thanks for the suggestion!
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 3:58AM
lisagold38
thanks for the article from linda holt interiors - helpful!
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 4:01AM
PRO
A Crew of Two
Love these bathrooms! I like your choice of wall color, grays and browns are a wonderful combination
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 5:01AM
ally_bug
I think tea stained cabinets are beautiful!!
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 5:13AM
PRO
Marina Klima Goldberg - Klima Design Group
Krafmaid images.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 5:25AM
kasp1021
If you want a color, what about painting the cabinets the green-gray color in your accent color? A caramel color would look good, too. My personal choice would be a wonderful soft off white, such as Kelly Moore Antique White. Classic and calm. If that is too bright, try a subtle umber glaze over it.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 5:57AM
lisagold38
thanks everyone for the suggestions and pictures. I agree Tea stained is pretty. Also, I found a nice green gray benjamin moore - Owl Gray that is nice as well besides the Nimbus. I like your idea of the green-gray, caramel and antique white as well.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 6:12AM
kasp1021
Good luck!! We just finished (last week) a bathroom remodel with tile very similar to yours so I know how stressful it can be to pick out the perfect colors and accents!!
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 6:30AM
lisagold38
Thank you - it is a hard decision - especially on the vanity cabinet color. Hope your bathroom came out great.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 7:26AM
TanCalGal
This tile is supposedly San Michele Dorato. I like the black window trim, I wonder how the vanity would look black? Maybe Annie Sloan chalk black? Small black-ish rug + interesting ceiling light (ceiling appear light gray). Quaker Bluff Residence 1 Quaker Bluff Residence 2

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint: http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=anne+sloan+chalk+black&qpvt=anne+sloan+chalk+black&FORM=IGRE

Or maybe Annie Sloan has a good brown, people rave about her paint. I have not tried, yet, it's on my things-to-do list. http://www.anniesloan.com/
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 10:31AM
lisagold38
Wow - I think you found the tile - thanks so much for showing me this - so nice! The black is an interesting idea. My granite is St. Cecilia classic.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 7:38PM
TanCalGal
I like St. C. paired with black, too. But U have to please yourself.
0 Likes   January 15, 2013 at 7:52PM
lisagold38
this is true - thanks for sending me this :)
1 Like   January 15, 2013 at 8:03PM
More Discussions
Need advice in living room...
I always wanted to face the fireplace and open up my...
alesiarhea
Island lighting
we are doing new kitchen flooring, island, countertop,...
angievies
What should we do with this livingroom? It's so boring
Everything in the pictures from the furniture to the...
buthole888
Should I change my doors?
These are the doors in my house. They are scratched...
buthole888
Help! How would you redesign this bathroom?
We have an archaic bathroom. Our house was built in...
ti807910
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.