Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Paint colour for bathroom
sylviajoan
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I need some recommendations for paint colours for my bathroom. I am not able to change the sink, toilet or floor, but want some suggestions to update the colour and maybe the light and tap.
My hallway leading into this room is
BM Ranchwood CC500, lower wainscot, and upper part of walls BM Mayonaise OC-85. All the trim is cloud white CC 40.
Any suggestions on colour or anything else? Thanks.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
patriciarhall
is the towel ring chrome or brass? I noticed the door hardware seems to be brass? Is the frame of the large picture gold?
January 13, 2013 at 6:30am   
mariamaly1999
Hi,
I personally recommend that you first change your light bulbs from yellow to white, then you can evaluate it again and see if it really needs to be repainted. If you still want to repaint it though, I recommend the following colors from Sherwin Williams:
- From the Warm Neutrals :
- Polished Mahogany
SW2838
Interior to make your washroom bold yet smooth at the same time
- From the Greens :
- Dark green
SW 6419 Saguaro
Interior and exterior to also make you washroom calm and have positive energy

These are my suggestions and if you would like to search for more colors for you washroom visit http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color

Good luck with your search,

Mariam
January 13, 2013 at 6:39am   
janishill
Other than neutrals what color(s) have you used in your home?

Is this a full bathroom with bathing facilities or is it a guest bathroom (toilet & sink)?
January 13, 2013 at 6:40am   
sylviajoan
I have used deep cherry in my dining room. This is a main floor bathroom just using toilet and sink.
January 13, 2013 at 6:49am   
mpoulsom
I like the color of your walls, but maybe you could do something just a bit lighter in the same family. OR There is a nice color that I did a friend's bathroom in called Stone Fence by Behr. I would then change the brass to brushed nickel or chrome. Rewire the electrical from the above mirror fixture and add 2 sconces to each side of the mirror. Remove the wallpaper border. Have you considered doing the wainscoting in white to the bathroom to break the wall up? That would look nice as well.
January 13, 2013 at 7:04am   
mpoulsom
here's the stone fence color...it's a gray bue, but pretty neutral.
January 13, 2013 at 7:06am   
janishill
I am guessing by 'cherry' you mean furnishing. I was actually asking about fabric and accents, but that's OK.

The rest depends on your personal style. Do you like traditional, transitional, eclectic, or another style?

Are you tired of the deep color and ready for something lighter? Or do you prefer the richer colors?

I would remove the wall paper border, replace the mirror with a large, rectangular, framed mirror for starters.

Then I might paint the walls this happy green: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/stemgreen and replace the faucet with a copper colored one. The mirror frame would be deep brown and I would change the light fixture and paint the cabinet black then add accessories...

Or I might paint it this rich neutral http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/marblecanyon I would paint the cabinet the same color so it visually disappears. The mirror frame would be black as would the back side of the door (inside the bathroom.) I'd replace the faucet with a new chrome model and add a new light fixture with a black and white shades. Black framed, white matted black and white pictures would be the finishing touches.

So many choices...
January 13, 2013 at 2:39pm