powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Stuck in neutral... Please help me complete my color scheme!
kimdee24
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I'm stuck. And I think it's because I can't settle on an accent color for this room. I love my neutrals so far, but the room needs a pop of color. Whether that's an accent chair, or toss cushions, accessories, or it comes in whatever drapery I decide on, I don't know...

The walls are Water Chestnut, with Arrow Wood as an accent, both from Dulux. The cabinet color is Flour Sack. Antique Cherry maple floors. The patterned fabric is on my dining room chairs. My furniture wood is dark. The sofa has some green tinge to it, which is hard to see in the photo.

The only color I strongly dislike is red. So I'm open to suggestions!
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kimdee24
Green?
January 13, 2013 at 10:08AM   
michigammemom
According to this houzz ideabook, you are right on trend with your taupe wall color. Take a look at the accent color suggestions. I particularly like the blue/greens.
January 13, 2013 at 10:14AM     
wmpj
A pop of red would look good.
January 13, 2013 at 10:44AM   
AMN
This color would complement that scheme nicely: http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/paint-color/rendezvousbay
January 13, 2013 at 10:55AM     
kimdee24
michigammemom, I guess I'm not too far off target then! I like blue/greens also, and I really like the blue/grey above.. and purples too. I guess I have more colors to choose from than I think ... interestingly, the pic above is a similar blue/grey to my bedding and one of those pictures in the link you provided is actually already in my ideabook!

Any suggestions, on what kind of pattern I can add without clashing the fabric on my dining chairs?

I'm learning a lot on Houzz, and I totally appreciate all comments on my questions. Thanks!
January 13, 2013 at 10:56AM   
kimdee24
AMN, that is really pretty!
January 13, 2013 at 10:57AM   
kimdee24
I think I'm really leaning to the blueish-green-grey in the above swatch. I just noticed that i have vase filler in one of my hurricanes in almost that exact shade. If i could find a rug maybe, with a pattern that works, some pillows and other things to pull that color into the mix, along with some silver accents and greenery, I might just be there.

Any other thoughts anyone?
January 13, 2013 at 6:53PM     
kimdee24
Loving this rug! Would it work?
January 13, 2013 at 7:32PM   
More Discussions
Guest room not very guest friendly. Please help!
Smallish guest room is 12'6" x 11'3", but has high...
How many walls should I paint?
I've started painting a guest room in a quilted fashion...
Icky Decor; Cool Room
Hi from Louisiana! We moved into a much bigger house...
Displaying objects in small home
Small house...and I am a collector! By small...1400...
Please assist in selecting a paint color for kids bathroom
Room #3. Our girls are rambunctious to say the least....
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.