Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Entryway
Amanda Konersmann
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I just finished decorating part of my entryway. Do I need to frame the picture? Do I need something above the small table by door? If so, what?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
olldcan
I'd actually use the picture above the table at the front door. The staircase area will look good with just the chars table and lamp, it really needs nothing else
2 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:34AM
PRO
Judith Taylor Designs
An entryway as grand as yours would benefit from a larger area rug. Something with pattern and colour to add interest will dress it up nicely.
2 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:38AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
nice enrty, the picture seems small for the space so it you can return it I would and find something a bit more colorful, or frame it. I'd turn the rug to be inline with the door
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:43AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
I would also reduce the wattage of the bulb in the lamp a 20 somehting is plenty high enough, then pull the chairs away from the wall so that they are not touching the wall 2" inches or so
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 9:45AM
olldcan
Consider a round rug to play off the eased round staircase.

Gary, I see you've had more than 2 cups :) anyway, I always appreciate your comments btw. Have a great day.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:48AM
lessismoore
Love your chairs. Is that a family photo? The black n white doesn't seem to "go" for me. Sepia tone with a more ornate frame would work better with what you have. At door way, something "tall" to conceal the electronics - a nice rubber plant perhaps? And yes - a larger entry way rug.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:53AM
lmcnabb47
If you are attached to the picture and want it displayed in the foyer, I would add smaller pictures to it, creating a collage on the angled wall. With the small table by the door, I would place a tall vase to the right of the temperature control with flowers or greeenery. By the way, I love the rich color of your chairs!
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:54AM
decoenthusiaste
You need a round table, somewhat lower, for these two formal velvet?? chairs. The picture looks to be a family member and I prefer those to be in more private areas of the home. Try a much larger and more formal rug for the entry. The mix of different styles and levels of formality and casualness are not working for me. The ultimate entry treatment for me, when you have a curving staircase, is a lovely round foyer table, topped with a floral arrangement and grounded with a gorgeous rug.
Southern Mississippi://www.houzz.com/photos/714350/City--Kirkland-Residence-traditional-entry-
Lake House
1 Like   January 13, 2013 at 9:54AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
I heald back as I thought she was finished.....but with the other comments, I'd remove one chair and add a larger round table, or if there is an option to return the chairs, return both and have only a table and a different 3 x 5 or 4 x 6 area rug running in-line with the front door.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:59AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
chairs will not be used in the area fro 'visiting' so go the practical route and une a great table
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 10:00AM
PRO
GARY FINLEY, ASID
Yuk, I hate round rugs unless they are room size made to measure, I even have difficulty with Barack's
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 10:21AM
cherylsilverthorn
You could keep the two velvet chairs and place them on either side of the front door. Also a larger entry carpet turned the other way. I am with everyone else -- just a beautiful round table and large
floral arrangement.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 10:21AM
danetterenee
I would remove the picture above chair and pull chairs out a little. They too close to wall. Also a larger rug by front door.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 11:49AM
pennymoon
So pretty! Remove the picture and add a rug!!
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 12:03PM
Amanda Konersmann
Wow thanks for the feedback! It's a "work in progress". I'm thinking I'm going to put that photo with the other 3 I'm planning on putting up the stairway. So 4 canvas prints with scones at either end. Here's a picture for an "idea". I'm sure I'm going to need more because the wall is huge.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 2:54PM
Amanda Konersmann
The picture didn't show the scones.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 3:01PM
PRO
Art & Interiors by Lisa
Agreeing with the other comments I would like to add changing the paint color of the walls to a cooler color maybe a grey on the blue side. I think it will let your decor stand out more.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 3:38PM
PRO
Winward Designs
Pop of color. http://bit.ly/XAcBov
0 Likes   January 24, 2013 at 9:03PM