powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help with choosing a dressing table for my room.
senba
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Hi,
My bedroom has an adjoining dressing room which one must enter before reaching the bathroom.There isnt a door to separate the bedroom from the dressing room. The dressing room has sufficient space to house a dressing table. This space is more like a short corridor.I would love to have a white dressing table. The problem is I am in a dilemma about using white furniture in my dressing area alone.

Since I have used dark coloured furniture in my bedroom (rosewood) with my walls being mostly white except for one which is covered in a pretty wallpaper (floral and geometric patterns in hues of pinks/plums and green on a white background). I have also used subtle gold furnishings sparingly as accents.

How can I decorate the dressing area without disrupting the look of the entire space? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks!

Senba
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Manon Floreat
Bringing in some of the colors from your bedroom will relate the two spaces. A fabric seat cushion for your vanity chair that compliments the colors in your wall paper, a vanity tray with gold in it and maybe even an accent wall with one of the colors of your wall paper are a few things that would work
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 11:05AM
PRO
Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
How about settling for a mirrored vanity table which would not compete with other things.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 11:13AM
senba
I have been considering a mirrored vanity table too! And i like the idea of using a complimentary coloured fabric for the seat cushion.
Thank you for your suggestions Manon & Carolyn :)
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 1:13AM
PRO
ASVInteriors
As your dressing table will stand out why not make it a feature? It cannot be disguised so taking it a step further, cover it in your bedroom wallpaper
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 6:34AM
PRO
Liza Jane Interiors
I love the mirrored vanity set that Carolyn suggested. I kind of like the idea of maybe bringing the wallpaper into this room to tie the two rooms together?
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 6:39AM
decoenthusiaste
Your wallpaper might be the best feature for your dressing room and just let it show right through a clear acrylic dressing table.Or you could continue with your touches of gold on a new vanity or by using a bit of gold leaf on an antique one. Add a gold chair to a rosewood vanity to continue with your bedroom look. My personal favorite is #4 ,5 & 6 below. Love the curves and a desk will work too.
Andrea May Hunter Gatherer
Mediterranean Bathroom
Beverly Hills
Walnut and rosewood Desk
Laptop Desk
Personal Desk
0 Likes   February 14, 2013 at 6:56AM