Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Updated pergola roof
bonjourdeborah
January 13, 2013 in Before & After
Wanted to update our pergola and replace open slats with covered roof. Going for modern look so decided to use corrugated metal. However we were worried it might reduce light to house so we alternated the corrugated metal sheets with frosted plastic to create faux skylights. I think it turned out pretty well as we now have covered deck but light still coming through. Now that it is covered we were able to add hanging heaters and lighting to follow.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
decoenthusiaste
If you have before shots, post both at Before and After. Love pergolas!
January 13, 2013 at 12:37pm     
bonjourdeborah
Here are pictures of pergola from when we purchased the house to current status. Still work in progress but slowly getting there!
January 13, 2013 at 1:14pm     
razzberryzing
Did you add a slope to the metal roof? If so how did you do it?
December 7, 2013 at 11:51pm     
bonjourdeborah
Yes. Original roof sloped away from house. The new roof now slopes at a slight angle towards the house so it drains in the gutter. Has worked out well in some major storms so far. Hope that helps.
December 8, 2013 at 4:28pm     
chookchook2
More functional now with the cover.
December 8, 2013 at 4:35pm     
nerdherder
This looks great - I have had thoughts of doing this myself and it's awesome seeing a visual representation!
December 12, 2013 at 6:52am     
happyasaclam
Super idea. I bet your post will be an inspiration to others struggling with the same dilemma :)
December 12, 2013 at 6:58am   
decoenthusiaste
Will be doing something similar to cover my country deck so it can be used year round.
December 12, 2013 at 11:08am     
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.