Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
I will cry if no help comes.
John Seiffert
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is the third post on this issue. Haven't heard a peep.
We are about to renovate 1940's kitchen. It will have stainless appliances, light sage green cabinets, neutral wall paint and black granite counters.
The flooring is the issue I need help with. I would want to put a light colored, two tone floor down. Not tile. We want a cool pattern and we have no limitations of that pattern. Any suggestions?
Also would love advice on specific paint color for cabinets, walls.
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
kimdee24
I love this floor:

With your sage green cabinets and maybe a light grey paint on the wall? Just a thought.
January 13, 2013 at 8:09PM     
mcbride2304
Don't cry...Houzz has pictures. Don't know if you want tile or wood. If you put 2 toned tiled floors in the search box of photos you will see a large variety of floor choices...some interesting wood choices and a lot of very stylish looking large stone/ tile floors. Your choice depends on price, what kind of floor adjoins the kitchen and of course, personal taste.
January 13, 2013 at 8:12PM     
feeny
Maybe linoleum? It might be the best for a two tone with a fun design. Here's a Houzz ideabook on it:

January 13, 2013 at 8:13PM     
onthefence
For the floor - Marmoleum? It's available in tiles or sheet and with the sheets, installers can do some amazing patterns.

ECOblue kitchen
Kitchen
Concordia Kitchen Remodel
January 13, 2013 at 8:16PM     
John Seiffert
We have ruled out tile and stone since we spend a lot of time in kitchen cooking. Cork is possibility. Painted wood floor is an idea too. We have looked for hours on Houzz and was surprised to not have seen more variety in floors. Especially cool patterns.
January 13, 2013 at 8:18PM     
John Seiffert
Marmoleum..... Hmmmmm. I'll look into that. Hopefully I can find two subtlety contrasting colors.
January 13, 2013 at 8:21PM   
PRO
World Contracting LLC
tile, lino, or even VCT
January 13, 2013 at 8:22PM   
Norma Sassone
Retro linoleum - durable, great colors. I like black and white squares.
January 13, 2013 at 8:28PM     
John Seiffert
Sorry the kitchen pictures are such mess. Here are pics of adjoining hall and dining room.
January 13, 2013 at 8:30PM   
John Seiffert
What is VCT?
January 13, 2013 at 8:31PM   
John Seiffert
Can't do black and white. Too much contrast.
January 13, 2013 at 8:32PM     
feeny
VCT is Vinyl Composition Tile. And Linoleum and Marmoleum are the same thing (Marmoleum is a brand of Linoleum). They are great products for what you are trying to do and come in pretty much any color and many options for patterns.
January 13, 2013 at 8:37PM     
PRO
EMW Architecture
How about a sage and off-white checkerboard linoleum?
January 13, 2013 at 8:37PM     
John Seiffert
Feeny had the Houzz pic with club and spade pattern. That's what I'm heading towards. Possibly undulating waves.
January 13, 2013 at 8:38PM     
PRO
World Contracting LLC
Vinyl Composite Tile. used in many comercial applications because it can take a beating of high traffic... Here is a basement we did in VCT where the owner was an engineer and laid out a pattern. it was 1/4 of the price of tile!
January 13, 2013 at 8:40PM     
PRO
World Contracting LLC
one more!
John Seiffert
I'm trying to stay away from, in my opinion, over used patterns such as checker boards. I'm going to create something unique.
PRO
World Contracting LLC
Vinyl Composition Tile, thanks Feeny
January 13, 2013 at 8:41PM   
PRO
EMW Architecture
Go for it. Make it your kitchen!
January 13, 2013 at 8:42PM   
John Seiffert
Cool. Thanks for the pics wwc LLC.
January 13, 2013 at 8:43PM   
John Seiffert
Need advice for pattern. I don't want anyone's head to explode when entering.
January 13, 2013 at 8:44PM   
PRO
World Contracting LLC
a quick google search for "VCT patterns" click on "images" and enjoy!
January 13, 2013 at 8:51PM   
jccbaker
Pick one base color, then inlay your monogram.
January 13, 2013 at 8:51PM   
daszc
I like a classic herringbone.
January 13, 2013 at 8:52PM     
PRO
World Contracting LLC
wow, google is great....
January 13, 2013 at 8:54PM     
Darzy
You could do a subtle two tone in this pattern. This pattern makes a galley kitchen appear wider.

January 13, 2013 at 8:55PM     
onthefence
Also do a search for Marmoleum in the search (photos) above. There are some different and great patterns and color mixes.

Marmoleum is linoleum - I just tend to use the brand name since it makes it easier to get to the website.

I know these are the colors you're looking for - but here's an idea of some patterns.

Custom Linoleum Kitchen Floor
Haystack Kitchen
Victorian Row House
January 13, 2013 at 9:00PM     
John Seiffert
Hey jcc baker, get off my post. I don't have time in my life for clowns.
January 13, 2013 at 9:41PM   
jccbaker
I apologize. I wasn't trying to be a clown. You were looking for something different. You said you wanted a cool pattern and were considering painting a wood floor. I was envisioning the marble floors in the lobbies of expensive hotels that have the initials in the marble. Just transferring the thought to a kitchen floor in vinyl or linoleum. I will now get off your post.
January 13, 2013 at 9:52PM     
PRO
Staged for Perfection
I am sorry but I know that grey is the new beige but I do not feel it. I might even consider painting the walls a very faint yellow/cream color. What are you using for a backsplash? I like the zigzag marmoleum that feeny posted.
January 13, 2013 at 9:54PM   
auroracanby
Wow, what a great window & adjacent cabinet setup! Re. floor -- why don't you use a light wood? It would look great with sage and black. If you have to, use two tones of wood, in a zigzag pattern or similar to the one in the first entry up there, except -- a nice light, warm oak or birch. What are you doing about lights?
January 13, 2013 at 10:05PM   
Darzy
BTW...I think you may tire of sage green cabinet color quickly. I'd stick with white or cream. The arched window leans toward traditional, so I think a transitional style kitchen would work nicely.
January 13, 2013 at 10:09PM     
thefinerdesigner
Personally, I love wood floors and they are timeless. Laying them in a cool pattern would be great for added interest (herringbone or diagonal). I also hate checkerboards - way too overdone and is very dated, in my opinion. Mannington makes a product called Adura - it's basically vinyl plank tile made to look like wood (or stone) and it looks great and is softer to walk on than wood. It is installed in planks just like hardwood is and can easily be cut to form patterns. You could even buy it in two different wood tones and make some type of pattern.
January 13, 2013 at 10:23PM     
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Cork was mentioned so I MUST speak up! www.corkfloorsales.com has a very handsome addition to its bevelled edge flooring. "White Leather" is an off-white plank that has a very subtle block pattern (the white color leaves the block pattern deep in the back ground). A color called Brown Leather is an amazing brown taupe with hints of blue, lavender, orange and green. I classify it as a "cool neutral".

Amazing flooring for less than $4.00/sf. Very beautiful. Very impressive colors that make anyone who enters ask, "What type of flooring is this? It's gorgeous!"
January 13, 2013 at 10:33PM     
megmegmeg
Luxury vinyl tile (LVT) is a commercial strength, waterproof floating floor, and comes in either stone, tile or wood look. Very easy on the feet. Hard to destroy. If anything gets wet it will not destroy your floor, but looks beautiful. So many different color options.
January 13, 2013 at 10:34PM     
mtread
You may want to consider what colors are you using in the rest of you home and tie the some of your kitchen colors in with them. If you stick with the sage green, and if it ties in with the rest of your home, you could consider some shade of gold that works with your green. That would make your black granite pop and still work with your green. Another color that could work is a poppy red. In choosing your wall color, a helpful trick is to buy a small amount of paint, paint several coats on a large piece of poster board then tack it up in your kitchen and live with it a few days to see how you like it before you paint the whole kitchen. Have fun.
January 13, 2013 at 11:31PM   
Aylin Goksu
What do you think about Jamie Beckwith Collection? Here some examples (there are different color options):
January 14, 2013 at 1:17AM     
mtread
Since you have the great wall of color in the hall, pick a gold that will go with that wall and the sage green color you like for cabinets. It looked like there was gold color in the tulip picture that you could play off of. If you do not want something really bright, you could use that gold color but a paler shade. I think this would be beautiful with your current color scheme.
January 14, 2013 at 10:53AM   
auroracanby
Did help come?
January 14, 2013 at 7:34PM     
roxymurphy
i would do a black floor - large tiles, layed in subway pattern - glossy marble would be nice or porclein. get expert help re paint colour - that is important
January 14, 2013 at 7:39PM   
PRO
Faux Illusions LLC
You put a concrete overlay over your existing floor if in good condition and can create any pattern you want. It could look like a carpet, maybe even a pattern that is tru to the period of the house. There are many companies that make product and lots of contractors that could do it. I would look for a faux finisher/decorative painter in your area. Check out the gallery at www.skimstone.com. If you like this idea let me know and I can help you find someone in your area.
January 14, 2013 at 7:43PM     
John Seiffert
My apologies to Mr. Baker. I believe I misunderstood his comments. I had a long day yesterday. Please come back.

Update: my wife and I are homing in on SW 6455 "Fleeting Green" for cabinets.

Looked at linoleum today at store and salesman said this product is a nightmare. Wax on, wax off. Heels do damage. I've never heard anyone else say anything negative about this product. Was he pulling my chain? It does still appear dated with the splotchiness though.
January 14, 2013 at 8:23PM     
John Seiffert
I looked into Forbo today at store. It was only click-it tile with mdf core. I know too well what happens mdf when it gets wet. Did not seem to be a good idea in our household. The store only carried this, no sheets or glue down Forbo. I dislike floating floors. Always feels like installation went poorly when walking upon.
January 14, 2013 at 8:29PM   
PRO
Faux Illusions LLC
You could put down wood and paint it with a pattern or create a marquetry design
January 14, 2013 at 8:46PM     
Darzy
Check out this Karndean Flooring...Designer Cythina-Taylor-Luce recommended this flooring. Not the vinyl of yesteryear... http://www.karndean.com/en/floors.aspx?link=hft
January 14, 2013 at 9:38PM     
jaimeross
January 14, 2013 at 9:56PM     
auroracanby
Nice green -- beats sage.
January 15, 2013 at 6:18PM   
Terry Peterson
I think a wood floor would be nice with that color scheme...maybe just varing colors of wood..exampe E Klo above post in Hampton Style Kitchen.
January 15, 2013 at 6:30PM   
swewer
Sure u want wood? We had oak in our kitchen....beautiful for a few years but now looks like somebody's pocket marked face. Fridge leaked... Ruined floor...dishwasher leaked, dropped knives etc. the wear really shows. And then the food bits that get trapped between the swollen planks= no fun. There are some very convincing ceramic tiles that really look like wood planks. Paint your cabinets cream. A light ivory beige marble floor and backsplash.
January 15, 2013 at 6:44PM   
gielliott
I would choose marmoleum. It comes in sheets which are best installed by professionals but the pattern choices are unlimited. It also comes in floating click together tiles or glue down tiles. We installed the glue down in a bath and did a custom diagonal two tone pattern and I loved that floor. The big thing with it is it changes color a little over time, and it needs to be cleaned properly with non abrasive and proper cleaning agents, but it is so beautiful, soft underfoot but is used commercially so it is very sturdy, and it is a really green product. There is Forbo brand marmoleum and Armstrong makes a version too. Good luck and hope this helps! Post photos!
January 15, 2013 at 6:52PM   
PRO
Main Line Kitchen Design
Sage green was most popular 6-8 years ago. Greys are the trendy colors now. I really like both. but if you wanted to know what was hot right now the answer is grey. Grey with yellow - also in. As far as the flooring goes it is most important to coordinate colors that go together. Not pick them independently of each other.

Of course the most important thing in a kitchen is the best layout, which most homeowners think is obvious, and almost never is.
January 15, 2013 at 7:09PM   
PRO
Montgomery Communications
How about terazzo?
or stained concrete?
:-)
January 15, 2013 at 7:38PM   
mveasey
I love that you are fearless with vertical red colour, as seen on your entry walls and your dining room chair rail trim. Why not do some red in a horizontal fashion, as in a red lino floor? It might be a crazy idea, but it comes on a roll, so no tile size installation.
Here a few photos:These seem to have a marble effect.
I would leave your cabinets white then and perhaps streamline the kitchen utensils and accessories a bit.
Other options would be a leather floor (Torlys.com), is recycled and very durable, but only comes in darker colours with different textures. This company also makes cork flooring.
I would stay with the traditional/ exciting vibe of the house and forgo the bland options! Best of luck!
January 15, 2013 at 8:02PM   
auroracanby
Ooo, I'm sorry I brought up oak floor -- I just meant something light rather than something dark, but oak would be terrible in a kitchen. It turns black if it gets wet, etc., though I'm sure you could find a serious sealer... But swewer's experience above sounds ominous. Spar varnish? A bar top seal?
January 15, 2013 at 8:06PM   
designideas4me
Damn I am going to cry to if it means I will get this many responses.................lol

Do a stained polished concrete overlay !!!!
January 16, 2013 at 2:57AM     
Terry Peterson
I had wood in my kitchen for 15 years and had no problems with it..in the process of a new house build and putting in wood again. Lots of great reponses on your post..now so many to ideas to get inspiration from!
January 16, 2013 at 6:06AM     
loves2read
Saw an episode of Sarah Richardson's design show where they did a black and white narrow, long kitchen -- used yellow accent color for the lounge area at one end...they used striped black/white engineered wood floor (I believe) vs true wood...in a pattern that use 3 or 4 board widths of one color...

Also saw show where they redid a basement laundry room and used flexible rubber commercial flooring in blue--sort of light turquoise/teal---hard to tell because color values vary so much in programs like this...
I thought the tile was mistake because pattern was raised--small circles higher than base of sheeting...
would be pain to try to vacuum or mop IMO--but it was flexible which they needed because floor sloped to center drain (basement)...
The color had great impact though and would be very comfortable to walk on...so that would meet two of your objective:
color and comfort--might have style w/o the raised design...
January 16, 2013 at 6:43AM   
loves2read
I said tile referring to the laundry flooring--might be mistake--can't state for certainty if it was large format tiles or sheet flooring--but was easy to install and flexible in nature...
January 16, 2013 at 6:45AM   
lionnessone
Create a kitchen rug out of tile and wood. (See picture)

[houzz=Beverley Place - Kitchen][houzz=Kitchen]
January 16, 2013 at 7:16AM   
PRO
Red Rock Pools and Spas and Red Rock Contractors
How about cork, it would match very well with your tones
January 16, 2013 at 7:19AM     
Nancy Hehmann
Slate comes in more than 1 color and is durable.
January 16, 2013 at 7:26AM   
Andrew Mayzak
This is a departure from your initial ideas, but worth considering. White cabinets (you can go traditional or super modern or even refinish the ones you have to keep it original), yellow glass tile backsplash, butcherblock countertops, and hardwood floors. Looking at your photos, there's not a lot of natural light in the kitchen, so keeping the color scheme light will improve the sense of space. Yellow, white, & hardwood will lend warmth and brightness to a dark space. If you want a pattern on the floor, look at a herringbone or patterned hardwood.

Picture below is from an Ikea magazine a few years ago, but you get the general idea.
January 16, 2013 at 7:28AM     
Ronell Kriel
For me this sounds very busy with black,stainless steel and green floor should be simple
January 16, 2013 at 7:49AM     
Eileen Graham
The space seems rather dark to me. My instinct would be to keep one thing white- either the walls or the cabinets. A warm wood or corkboard color like the post above me would look nice. But if you're really looking for color, consider a bright tile to enliven the space. If you painted a light grey on the walls, kept the retro cabinets white and put in a kelly green tile, painted wood or stained concrete...

In my opinion, VCT looks outdated and corporate, no matter the pattern.

Mary Prince Photography © 2012 Houzz

Bonnie Road Residence

Cow Hollow Historic Home
January 16, 2013 at 8:05AM   
jbz307
Like the green choice. Hate anything ordinary so kudos! If you check out some of the coordinating colors with your cabinet color, there are some khaki, deep navy and darker olive shades. I would say go nuts on cabinet and wall colors, go more neutral on floors and countertops as they are much more expensive to change if you tire of them. Like the cork idea. How about a heating element under the floors too? Please post some pics when complete!
January 16, 2013 at 9:16AM   
designideas4me
lionnessone..... I had a designer suggest that to me once ... Is that hard to do or very expensive? To put in tile in an area of the kitchen which is surrounded by wood. I like that idea.
January 16, 2013 at 1:59PM   
John Seiffert
Wow, I'm starting to feel the love. Seems as though a little drama gets attention in this world.

To clear up a few misconceptions... 1)There is no way that we will put tile or anything hard in this kitchen in regards to the flooring. I stand on concrete all day and want to plop in a chair ASAP when I get home. 2) I want to do a pattern with two complimentary colors. These colors are to compliment all others in the room as well. I would like to have subtle colors which stay light, if possible, in a material that does not look cheap. After reviewing linoleum, I've found it does not meet this criteria. Though it does look good in some pictures, ill be sorry if I install it in my house. Do it once, do it right. 3) the window in front of the sink faces East, therefore we get direct sunlight in the morning and it is bright. After that, not so great, which is why a lighter floor would be better. Though the existing floor is light and reflective, it shows all dirt. I am shooting for a compromise with that issue.

After reviewing one really cool kitchen on Houzz, I did some research and learned the awesome pattern I was looking at was linoleum which had been welded together making it off the charts expensive. Bummer. That idea just went away. I looked into welding and learned I'd have to invest boatloads of money into the specialty equipment and have way too much time spent on my knees. Oh did I mention the learning curve? Remember, drama.

Forbo has one store in this area which only carries the click flooring. I'm half an hour from Philly! Does this make sense?

So now the thought is cork. I'm sure the folks who suggested this above are cheering. I found the color silver birch, typed that into Houzz and got to see 242 pictures of, well mostly pretty trees and a bunch of other pics that had nothing to do with cork, the product in question. Which leads me to ask one more question(s) of you, a) is this color on the warm or cool side of the spectrum? And b) would anyone suggest another color of cork to coincide with silver birch for the complimentary color I so desperately strive for?
January 16, 2013 at 9:08PM     
John Seiffert
Wow, I'm starting to feel the love. Seems as though a little drama gets attention in this world.

To clear up a few misconceptions... 1)There is no way that we will put tile or anything hard in this kitchen in regards to the flooring. I stand on concrete all day and want to plop in a chair ASAP when I get home. 2) I want to do a pattern with two complimentary colors. These colors are to compliment all others in the room as well. I would like to have subtle colors which stay light, if possible, in a material that does not look cheap. After reviewing linoleum, I've found it does not meet this criteria. Though it does look good in some pictures, ill be sorry if I install it in my house. Do it once, do it right. 3) the window in front of the sink faces East, therefore we get direct sunlight in the morning and it is bright. After that, not so great, which is why a lighter floor would be better. Though the existing floor is light and reflective, it shows all dirt. I am shooting for a compromise with that issue.

After reviewing one really cool kitchen on Houzz, I did some research and learned the awesome pattern I was looking at was linoleum which had been welded together making it off the charts expensive. Bummer. That idea just went away. I looked into welding and learned I'd have to invest boatloads of money into the specialty equipment and have way too much time spent on my knees. Oh did I mention the learning curve? Remember, drama.

Forbo has one store in this area which only carries the click flooring. I'm half an hour from Philly! Does this make sense?

So now the thought is cork. I'm sure the folks who suggested this above are cheering. I found the color silver birch, typed that into Houzz and got to see 242 pictures of, well mostly pretty trees and a bunch of other pics that had nothing to do with cork, the product in question. Which leads me to ask one more question(s) of you, a) is this color on the warm or cool side of the spectrum? And b) would anyone suggest another color of cork to coincide with silver birch for the complimentary color I so desperately strive for?
January 16, 2013 at 9:11PM   
John Seiffert
Another question for you. This kitchen is actually two rooms joined together. One being the galley kitchen and the other was the old maid's quarters (1942). There is a large opening between them, this makes the room almost appear to be one. The entire space measures 9'-4" x 25'-6" with 8' ceiling height. The kitchen is about 14' long. Would you decorate rooms differently or keep the same? Maid's room has two upholstered chairs, two floor to ceiling cabinets, one of which mostly hides a stacked washer and dryer.

The other pic shows sink/window.
January 16, 2013 at 9:42PM   
minemine
I recently had Mannington Adura tiles installed in my kitchen. They are a high quality 16"x16" vinyl tile that can be grouted or non-grouted. They also have planks that look like wood in a new LocSolid installation. The tiles I chose look like marble and I get so many compliments. I have a dog and two cats and the floor is standing up really well and is easy to clean. You might investigate these, as they have a large selection of styles and colors.
January 16, 2013 at 9:47PM   
fizzylemon
I used cork flooring in a kitchen remodel of a 100 year old bungalow with refinished, original cherry floors. I was surprised at how much I loved it, as it was a budgetary choice. Never shows dirt and was springy to step on. It blended well with the adjacent wood flooring. Good luck!
January 16, 2013 at 9:56PM     
fizzylemon
I used cork flooring in a kitchen remodel of a 100 year old bungalow with refinished, original cherry floors. I was surprised at how much I loved it, as it was a budgetary choice. Never shows dirt and was springy to step on. It blended well with the adjacent wood flooring. Good luck!
January 16, 2013 at 9:57PM   
onthefence
Here's an interesting idea - cork/rubber tiles. Just now stumbled on this in a google search for something. Oddly enough, this particular company appears to be based in PA. The color selection seems broad but random. Looks like you could do a lot with it creatively though. Given that one of their spotlight installations is a hospital, I imagine water and serious cleaning aren't an issue.
http://www.zandur.com/crf.html
January 16, 2013 at 10:03PM   
onthefence
And this company appears to carry 3 different brands of rubber/cork floor. http://www.capricork.com/
January 16, 2013 at 10:09PM   
PRO
Scott Design, Inc.
Once you find the colors of cork that you like, how about cutting each tile in the shape of jig saw pieces. Direct glue them to your subfloor as a completed puzzle. You will probably need to put a couple of coats of urethane on the entire floor to seal the seams. This will take some time but it sounds as though you will be doing the work yourself.
January 16, 2013 at 10:27PM   
cdg4ahappyhojme
We just put cork flooring in our master bedroom, love it and easier on the feet than hardwood. What about bamboo? Painted my kitchen walls a very light gray, counter top is slate darker gray and have red accents, have had many compliments. You might consider putting in some glass panel inserts in the upper cabinets,that would open up the space. We have a small kitchen and like the look we got with the glass. We did do texture glass, you can see thru, but slightly blurred, so things in the cabinet don't have to be perfect. Good luck, looks like you have lots of ideas to choose from now. (:
January 16, 2013 at 10:28PM   
jrick6
If the two rooms almost appear as one I'd decorate them the same - it will feel bigger for both areas. Is it possible while the kitchen is being done to get another cabinet made for the washer and dryer that matches? The chairs have some classic style to them so would be nice to keep (although it's hard to see just how well they fit in that space) so maybe they could be reupholstered at some point. Also, carry the flooring (cork is sounding great!) through into that space and maybe toss the little green square or use somewhere else in the house. That will also open the space up and provide continuity which will lead to feeling bigger!
January 16, 2013 at 10:56PM   
Vanessa Thomson
I am unfortunately a sucker for lovely shiny concrete floors...easy to clean..looks good if done correctly and hard wearing...I think to match your kitchen a soft grey or cream/white could look good...depending on what the overall kitchen will look like..first have to see the completed look
January 17, 2013 at 1:12AM   
Vanessa Thomson
I love the sage and grey kitchens...but in the long run..if you can live with the same colour day to day ( which i think can be tiresome) a kitchen in more practical materials like wood, steel and marble would be a better choice.....although I still like the black and white kitchens..I like the clean look of a white kitchen.
January 17, 2013 at 1:17AM   
cdg4ahappyhojme
Concrete floors hard on the joints/feet, look good though. Our pale grey walls seem fine, but then we have wood cabinets with glass fronts with stainless appliances. My husband talked me out of painting the cabinets, think I'm finally good with that.
January 17, 2013 at 8:39AM   
thefinerdesigner
Check out the following site for cork patterns - it sounds like it might be just what you're looking for! http://www.cancork.com/Cork_Glue-Down_Parquet_Tiles_forna_cancork_floor_inc.html
January 17, 2013 at 8:47AM     
bjowen
love love love cork, lived with it for many years and never got tired of it.
January 17, 2013 at 8:55AM   
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Thank you thefinerdesigner...that's lovely of you to say that about our cork tiles! Better yet, have a look at www.icorkfloor.com or www.corkfloorsales.com to view the parquet.

John, I would like to point out that we are waiting for a "Greenstone" floating floor. Our manufacturer has finally mastered the fine details of this colour and we should have this in our Canadian location within the next 8 weeks. This floor is the colour of New Zealand's famous "Greenstone" or Jade. Beautiful jades, hints of emerald, slate, etc. It is a dark floor that would look like a slab of jade. I've never seen a colour like it...which is why I've ordered it! It might just give you that hint of green that you seem to crave. Instead of sage on the cabinets, how about "jade" on the floor?

Just a thought.
January 17, 2013 at 10:05AM   
designideas4me
Wow, I'm starting to feel the love. Seems as though a little drama gets attention in this world. This is a quote from John Seiffert..............................yep............I bet Lance Armstrong is feelin that love right now based on the drama he created by lying to the world. Sorry bad comparison. I just hate him !!
January 17, 2013 at 10:06PM   
Emily Hurley
Any updates on the kitchen? I'm excited to see what you are up to. That's one of my favorite eras for homes.
May 8, 2014 at 11:14AM