powered by
Discussions
Photos
Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wanting to add a back splash any recommendations ?
myster42
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
Wanting to add a back splash does anyone know of an app that you can insert a photo and then edit and add color or tile?
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mdb3962a
Don't know of an app. But the backsplash in this picture is a small area. A simple, probably least expensive idea would be to extend your countertop, somewhat dwarfed in the overall look, up 3-4 inches, or better, all the way to the bottom of cupboards. The remaining green above window will still connect with your island top and light fixtures. I have made the mistake of introducing another element of tile or glass because there always seems to be an urge to do so, but one runs the risk of too eye-catching and busy. It slowly grows old to where one can hate it. I would preserve the overall pleasant look of this modest size kitchen.
0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 9:59PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Darzy
For your space, I think a white beadboard would look great. And, it's DIYable and cost effective to boot! It would look great next to your white trim and compliment the counters. A semi-gloss would make it easier to clean.

0 Likes   January 13, 2013 at 10:05PM
More Discussions
Need help working with my current things in living room
I have brown sofa, 2 black leather chairs and one wingback....
ideas for practical kitchen floorplan?
My husband and I live in an 1960's home. We love the...
Colour suggestions....
Hi - I would appreciate any suggestions for colour...
LEDs produce enough light for kitchen?
We are thinking about replacing our recessed can lights...
Living room decor and furniture placement help!
My couch is plumb colored and it seems like the room...
People viewed this after searching for:
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.