Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Need help to make the paintings pop and still looks elegant
cindy1125
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
This is one side of wall of my entryway. I have these 2 really cute and colorful paintings by a Japanese artist. I don't know how to make the art pop and still look elegant as all of the wall in my condo are light and neutral color. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions here.
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PRO
SweetDesign
You may want to change the paintings frame to a darker color or change the wall color !
January 13, 2013 at 10:34PM      Thanked by cindy1125
cindy1125
Thank you. Specifically, in looking for suggestions for what to do with the wall.
January 13, 2013 at 10:37PM   
sutapam
paint the wall in blue colour.the blue in your painting would be best blue for your wall.
January 13, 2013 at 10:37PM      Thanked by cindy1125
cindy1125
Thank you. I'm contemplating to do a stripe wall. What do you think? And what color?
January 13, 2013 at 10:39PM     
sutapam
i think stripe wall would be too busy for the paintings.too many things to see for eyes.
January 13, 2013 at 10:56PM      Thanked by cindy1125
Darzy
I think a wide stripe of wall color would look really good to make your art pop....all the way around the hallway. Just wide enough to "frame" the art. How about a medium blue color?

January 13, 2013 at 10:58PM        Thanked by cindy1125
Darzy
P.s. Depending on your 'Quirkyness" it could be fun to even include the entry door into the stripe. : )
January 13, 2013 at 10:59PM      Thanked by cindy1125
cyn222
Either paint the wall a color from the art that goes with other colors in the home, or change out to a dark horizontal frame with all the pictures in one frame.
January 13, 2013 at 11:08PM      Thanked by cindy1125
mtread
Change your wall color to a darker neutral color and your painting will pop. I have used a dark grey before and you would be amazed at how interesting it looks. Although picking up on a color that you have used somewhere else in your condo would add more continuity -you could use a darker version of a color you already are using somewhere else in your condo.
January 13, 2013 at 11:10PM        Thanked by cindy1125
Dani Pollard
I love the horizontal stripe photo and think a mid tone blue as the stripe and depending on your personality and decor, a lighter blue or green on the wall. A less dramatic combo would be light blue stripe on a white or cream wall. Good luck.
January 14, 2013 at 12:59AM        Thanked by cindy1125
More Discussions
Will these choices work????
Went to Ethan Allen shopping for new living room furniture...
Shutters and/or window boxes??
Hi Houzzers! I'm feeling that the addition of some...
New kitchen cabinets
The kitchen cabinets that were installed in my new...
Where's chookchook?
Our beloved chookie hasn't been heard from in days....
What do I need to do with this space?
Just got the Farm House table, bench, and hutch for...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.