Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Wenge dining tables no longer "in" ?
rayess
January 13, 2013 in Design Dilemma
I was looking at this beautiful dining table ( for my modern home) and was told that Timber wenge look is on the way out?

Calling all designers..... What do you think? Is Anthracite the new colour?
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
PRO
Cancork Floor Inc.
Colours come and go, but beautiful design is timeless. This table is sleek, modern and still in keeping with upscale elegance. The question is really, "How close do you want to be when it comes to cutting edge home fashions?" The answer is going to make all the difference.

Are you a "Classic Chanel" follower (Think Jackie Kennedy) or do you prefer to be a "Donatella" darling (ie. Jennifer Lopez./J-Lo)?

Remember, tight adherence to design trends will make your furnishings obsolete within 5-10 years.

The "it" table today has a higher likelihood of becoming the design "Oopsa" in 10 years, then the sleek elegance of timeless design...that's what makes it timeless! Think Orange shag and you get the pic!.

If you are on the either coast and the Rothchild's have dumped their wood table and you MUST follow suite, then leave the table in the store. If you want contemporary but not ultra modern and are willing to sacrifice your "it" status to upgrade to "Gracious Elegance", then take the table home and enjoy its style for decades to come.

That is the difference between "trend" and style.
January 13, 2013 at 11:11pm     
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
rayess
Cacork Floor Inc,

What a beautifully written reply. I read it twice. Yes you certainly expressed it in superlative way. Gracious Elegance is way to go....
January 13, 2013 at 11:19pm     
More Discussions
Wall decoration decision, need help!
Hi there! I am trying to make my living room look fresh...
I need some design advice for my dining room.
Hello, I need some help with the design of my dining...
Need some Pop in my Living and TV Room
Room # 1 Planning on mounting the TV and putting a...
Help make this sofa work...
I had my eye on this fabulous sofa online. I received...
The content on this page is provided by Houzz and is subject to the Houzz terms of use, copyright and privacy policy.
Copyright claims: contact the Houzz designated agent.