Products
Ideabooks
Discussions
Professionals
Users
Living Room Decor
lefevrej
January 14, 2013 in Design Dilemma
So, my future hubby and i are beginning the decorating phase in our first home. Being an avid fan of Houzz i just HAD to ask your opinions on the following colour combinations for our living room.
The walls are ivory and the floors are a reddish, wood looking tile (on the dark side). We're trying to combine traditional (his taste) with a more modern look (my taste). We have the following oriental rug, and were thinking of ordering a taupe, suede-like 3 seat sofa (not the L seat that i have attached) and I was wondering a plain yellow mustard curtain would match? Do these 3 items go together? With the rug, would you go with a solid or patterned curtain?
Any opinions are much apreciated :)
Thank you for reporting this. Undo
TanCalGal
You can take a color from the rug. Drapes either pattern or solid. The color you chose does not appear to be in the rug. Then, add pillows in same accent.: Karen Maximo-Fernando

I often like curtains to match the wall color Row House Interiors Living Room Family Room Living Room
January 16, 2013 at 9:07PM   
Jayme H.
Not sure if the background on the rug has the taupe color in it...looks creamy to me/but I could be wrong as well...sorry i added one rug twice..thought the backgrounds matched with sofa a little better.
January 16, 2013 at 9:21PM   
Jayme H.
I was worried your sofa color may not match with the rug as well as it could...But u are a better judge as pics can be deceiving ..Is there a more greyish tone tone to the sofa?
January 16, 2013 at 9:45PM   
Aja Mazin
Beautiful rug.

I think the yellow mustard curtain would work well.
January 16, 2013 at 10:00PM   
lefevrej
Thank you all for your opinions, they are appreciated. The fabric swatch matches exactly one of the shades of the rug (the company making the sofa allowed us to take home the fabrics so as to choose the right colour). The rug also has the mustard colour that we were thinking of for the curtains.
Thanks once again for taking the time to comment :)
January 18, 2013 at 8:32AM     
Jayme H.
So glad u were able to match things up and not unpleasantly surprised later with a problem! It should turn out nice...post pics to show us after!!
January 18, 2013 at 8:35AM